Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
They're already on the beach

Until they've put 2-3 past your dazed defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

If City had Dzeko, who has 50 goals this season for Roma, they'd have won the league by Christmas. Fact.

Plus Pep has a solid track record with large, slow strikers

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stoke lost at home to Arsenal for the first time in 7 years. Fire Sparky into the sun, what a disgrace.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

frameset posted:

This post has aged poorly and I'm very happy about that.

It was true until West Ham lost out of spite.

I hope they get relegated next season.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Byolante posted:

Stoke lost at home to Arsenal for the first time in 7 years. Fire Sparky into the sun, what a disgrace.

Along with his agent owner

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

frameset posted:

This post has aged poorly and I'm very happy about that.

it was bad when it was made too

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Runch65/status/863834396306132992

lol

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I liked when Liverpool beat West Ham and scored all the goals. If we don't beat Boro I will kill myself and also Pissflaps.

Allardyce and Pulis are very good at what they do and it I'd think it was a shame that they've never managed a good club if I didn't think they were both horrible cunts.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Allardyce literally got the chance to manage his country, the place where didst those feet tread in ancient times, and hosed it all up over a pint of wine.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Allardyce literally got the chance to manage his country, the place where didst those feet tread in ancient times, and hosed it all up over a pint of wine.

What you deserved. Also 100% win record

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I had no idea Stoke were so far down the table.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/863784944220372992

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

I had no idea Stoke were so far down the table.

Yeah, we're beyond poo poo. I'm desperate for this season to end. Some of our highlights from this season are:

• 1 win in our last 10
  • Going over 10 hours without an away goal (The 2 against Bournemouth last week finally ended that run)
  • Our first win came on the 15th October (our 8th league game of the season. Worse than last season where we only had to wait until the 26th September, our 7th league game)
  • We've only beaten 1 of the 13 teams above us in the table (Palace)
  • Record amount of goals conceded since we've been in the Premier League. At the moment we are 1 point below our record lowest points total and a tough game away to Southampton left.
  • Knocked out of the league cup in the second round against a weak Hull side. Knocked out of the FA cup in the third round against Wolves reserves
  • Some incredible transfer business - Our £18m record signing(Imbula) has been frozen out since December. £13m Joe Allen is being played as a number 10 where he plays like a headless chicken. £15m Berahino has been pretty woeful - 0 goals in 13? games. That's £46m effectively wasted over the last 18 months, which is massive for a club Stoke's size. Don't forget we've also been paying Bony's hefty wages when he doesn't even make the bench.

All of this is on top of the way we finished last season. 19 points from the final 19 games, 9 of those points coming against the 3 teams that were relegated. It's not just the results either, it the performances. We've been utterly joyless to watch. Even when we win it feels like a chore to watch.

It's all good though, Hughes is convinced it's all down to luck. We just need to score from the 1 half chance we get each game and we'll be fine. There are no problems at all and if you even dare to pretend there is one then Robbie Savage will appear on your TV screen and call you a clueless idiot. Oh, and our local paper has printed a story today saying that the board have no intention of replacing the manager at the end of the season. Fantastic.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

maybe they shouldnt have lost 4-0 and plainly given up at half time if they wanted people to stick around imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I thought Joe was doing alright at 10, but he's class as a holding midfielder as well so maybe Sparky would have better luck playing him there?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

sassassin posted:

I thought Joe was doing alright at 10, but he's class as a holding midfielder as well so maybe Sparky would have better luck playing him there?

I was delighted when we signed him because I assumed he'd be playing as a holding midfielder. It's probably our weakest area on the pitch and upgrading from a 400 year old Glen Whelan to Joe Allen is a massive upgrade. I started this season thinking we'd be playing Allen and (a good) Imbula playing deep, with Bojan in front of them as a #10, which is a loving good central midfield for us. Instead Imbula turned to poo poo, Bojan was dropped in place of Allen and then hosed off to Mainz on loan. We now have the dream duo of Whelan and Cameron playing behind Allen, who looks completely lost but runs about a lot.

I don't want to be too harsh on Allen, he tries at least despite playing badly. The problem is more on the coaching staff and whatever lovely training regimes they do. He looks like he doesn't know what his job in the team is, and neither do the rest of his team mates.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Meat Wagon posted:

I was delighted when we signed him because I assumed he'd be playing as a holding midfielder. It's probably our weakest area on the pitch and upgrading from a 400 year old Glen Whelan to Joe Allen is a massive upgrade. I started this season thinking we'd be playing Allen and (a good) Imbula playing deep, with Bojan in front of them as a #10, which is a loving good central midfield for us. Instead Imbula turned to poo poo, Bojan was dropped in place of Allen and then hosed off to Mainz on loan. We now have the dream duo of Whelan and Cameron playing behind Allen, who looks completely lost but runs about a lot.

I don't want to be too harsh on Allen, he tries at least despite playing badly. The problem is more on the coaching staff and whatever lovely training regimes they do. He looks like he doesn't know what his job in the team is, and neither do the rest of his team mates.

We are just fortunate our defence is as good as it is because aside from Arnautovich nothing else happens.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Is there any hope for Shaq?

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
Red Bull getting UEFA'ed:
[...] as Uefa will only allow ONE team owned by the same company to participate in either the Champions OR Europa League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2928127/rb-leipzig-champions-league-ban-uefa-rules/

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Byolante posted:

We are just fortunate our defence is as good as it is because aside from Arnautovich nothing else happens.

I wouldn't even say the defence is good. Shawcross looks like a shadow of his former self, Pieters has been pretty poor this season and words can't describe how shockingly wank Johnson has been. It makes me furious we've awarded Johnson with a year extension on his contract. He's a waste of space and couldn't give a gently caress. The only two players that deserve any credit in defence are Martins Indi, who we need to sign at the end of the season, and Lee Grant, who has easily been the player of the season.

greazeball posted:

Is there any hope for Shaq?

In what way? He's a great player when he wants to be but has spent far too much of this season on the treatment table. I don't know whether that's on him or our lovely fitness training. Seeing how many games a number of players have missed down to slight issues makes me suspect the latter.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Leicester's transfers were very bad.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I don't know who at least 3 of those players are so this list is probably accurate

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I am shocked berahino isn't up front in this

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Phwoar that's an athletic midfield.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

Phwoar that's an athletic midfield.

Very humble though

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shrapnig posted:

Didn't big teams raid their scouts? Or was that just rumor bullshit

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Daktari posted:

Red Bull getting UEFA'ed:
[...] as Uefa will only allow ONE team owned by the same company to participate in either the Champions OR Europa League.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2928127/rb-leipzig-champions-league-ban-uefa-rules/

How does this work for Qatar?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

How does this work for Qatar?

No but see they're not a company so that's obviously OK *nervously tugs collar*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
van der Hoorn was alright in the games he played. Better than Bartley was as 3rd/4th choice CB.

Baston was a massive waste of money. £15m for a striker when you've already bought Llorente. Madness.

Who did Kaputska sign for? He looked alright in the Euros.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TheBigAristotle posted:

Everton hired their director of football or head of scouting or whatev

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everton poached Swansea's head of youth development and then sacked him after a month.

Scum club.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

sassassin posted:

Everton poached Swansea's head of youth development and then sacked him after a month.

Scum club.

They probably found out he was a suspected nonce or something

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

biglads posted:

They probably found out he was a suspected nonce or something

What a strange thing to think.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

What a strange thing to think.

From that part of the world it was probably sheep not kids

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fat Frank's combined Chelsea XI from 2005 and 2017.

The video is here (Facebook).

Not sure what I'd change about that. The big debate on the show was Drogba vs Costa, but Drogba was still pretty raw in 05.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah :(

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah, Arsenal and Everton stole a few head scouts.

Still, with Ndidi it seems like we got at least one right.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ndidi do well?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

sassassin posted:

Ndidi do well?

Ndidi did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU