Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Newcastle are signing atsu and I'm posting it here

How was he this season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Vegetable posted:

Fat Frank's combined Chelsea XI from 2005 and 2017.

The video is here (Facebook).

Not sure what I'd change about that. The big debate on the show was Drogba vs Costa, but Drogba was still pretty raw in 05.

paul scholes wouldn't put himself in his own dream team

- zinedine zidane

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

How was he this season?

Largely a squad player from the bench, solid if unspectacular. I don't think he'd be the first choice winger but for £6m it's a good deal, especially if Gouffran leaves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
his free kick owned

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/WatfordFC/status/864824030259539968
Mazzarri is out

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
RIP, you didn't learn English and bought Niang.

I hope he goes back to Inter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol the players rebelled because he was really strict with them while he smoked

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

I take it no one is going to show up against City.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
With the way Watford is run does it really matter who manages them?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
1-1 Arsenal/Everton and 2-0 Boro/Pool (or 2-2 and 3-1... etc.) and I think we get a neutral venue match for 4th place. So that's what I am rooting for this Sunday.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

1-1 Arsenal/Everton and 2-0 Boro/Pool (or 2-2 and 3-1... etc.) and I think we get a neutral venue match for 4th place. So that's what I am rooting for this Sunday.

Will we get to actually see the 4th place trophy Wenger keeps talking about?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I, as an Arsenal fan, hope Liverpool lose on Sunday.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

T Bowl posted:

Rude

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Whatever happens I hope Pep makes an rear end of himself and continues to be a fraud.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This would kinda rule, and honestly I don't even care if Arsenal miss out on 4th because getting dismantled in the first knockout round every year is getting old. So I'm officially joining team neutral venue match.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Can't wait to play Man United in the Champions League final

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Can't wait to play Man United in the Champions League final

Could just as easily be the Europa League final!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shrapnig posted:

Could just as easily be the Europa League final!

No I think that's even easier there mate!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

T Bowl posted:

I, as a Liverpool fan, hope that Liverpool lose, and Arsene Wenger is given a 5 year contract.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

I, as a Liverpool fan, hope that Liverpool lose, and Arsene Wenger is given a 5 year contract.

Best case scenario imo.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Gorn Myson posted:

same

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I hope that Liverpool win and City lose and I don't care that much about Arsenal.

I want Liverpool to win so that they can get 3 points instead of 1 point for a draw or 0 points for a loss.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
I'm pretty sure I'd like Liverpool to loose and Arsenal to win, but I'm not sure

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

City losing and Liverpool and Arsenal winning would be the funniest so let's have that.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
If there were a way for Arsenal, Liverpool, and City to have a three-way tie, I would vote for that

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I really can't see boro giving a single poo poo.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

if you replaced mourinho with pulis, would united be any worse off?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm increasingly worried that insted of being told to gently caress off to China, Rooney will be kept on at United :ohdear:

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

This would kinda rule, and honestly I don't even care if Arsenal miss out on 4th because getting dismantled in the first knockout round every year is getting old. So I'm officially joining team neutral venue match.

"Boo hoo, I support a club that has made it out of the group stage since 2003..."

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

saihttam posted:

I'm pretty sure I'd like Liverpool to loose and Arsenal to win, but I'm not sure
Someone's got a loose screw.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The Champions League is horrible now anyway, teams would be better off playing fewer matches focusing on trying to win the league like Chelsea

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Der Shovel posted:

I'm increasingly worried that insted of being told to gently caress off to China, Rooney will be kept on at United :ohdear:

He will definitely be told to gently caress off. The worry is he won't have anywhere to gently caress off too.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Isn't he guaranteed £300k a week for another 2 years? Unless United pay him off, why would he possibly leave. No-one else would pay him as much as that even on a 5 year deal.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He would either leave for more money (China) or for playing time (MLS, Everton). His options are limited and any potential move has problems but so does staying at United. He constantly talks about wanting to 'play every game' and captain England at the WC next summer, neither will happen without a transfer.

Anyway that's summer transfer talk. Tell me who is going to win your club's player of the year award.

United's is between Ibrahimovic, Valencia and Herrera. I hope Herrera wins but it will probably be Zlatan.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I realize yesterday's game was 100% meaningless, but someone on another forum summed it up pretty decently: "the result would've been the same if the game had actually mattered", and that's definitely the feeling I have as well.

Jose's got a shitload of work ahead of him to turn this bunch into title candidates, and frankly I'm not at all convinced him or United's structure in general are fit for the task.

Lot 49 posted:

United's is between Ibrahimovic, Valencia and Herrera. I hope Herrera wins but it will probably be Zlatan.

Want: Herrera
Is actually gonna be: De Gea or Zlatan

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The champions league is bad because the English teams aren't winning it

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
United didn't have any good players this year

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

De Gea.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

hadji murad posted:

Jesse Lijndgard has been banging them in bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

True. Without him the season would be a complete disaster.

• Locked thread