Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
pretty sure De Gea has had less saves to make this season than any other year he's been at the club, the defence has been alright this year (bus parking lol)

Without Ibrahimovic's goals united would probably be relegated because no other oval office knows where the net is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vinestalk posted:

"Boo hoo, I support a club that has made it out of the group stage since 2003..."

I support entertainment OP

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lot 49 posted:

Anyway that's summer transfer talk. Tell me who is going to win your club's player of the year award.

Kasper won both Players' and Supporters' player of the year at Leicester and there's not much to argue about there. The Guardian stats people seem to think Fuchs should have won instead which is a bit confusing tbh

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 18, 2017

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Paul Pogba should win because remember when he done a dab??? Wow! Ynfrogettable

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
It's close for Liverpool but I've give POTY to Firmino. Mane hasn't ended the season with quite enough goals and Coutinho is more patchy. Mignolet for most improved player easy.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Eriksen won the supporter player of the year, while Dele won the kids vote.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status...s-find-13052010

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lock up your mothers.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

sassassin posted:

Lock up your mothers.

And your bakeries.

BBC posted:

He was previously accused of being involved in the bombing of a referee's bakery but faced no action.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am torn because I think it would be great if Arsenal didn't make top 4

But my friend supports Liverpool and never shuts up about them so it would be similarly great if they hosed up on the final day of the season

TRP, who should I root for?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Frankston posted:

I am torn because I think it would be great if Arsenal didn't make top 4

But my friend supports Liverpool and never shuts up about them so it would be similarly great if they hosed up on the final day of the season

TRP, who should I root for?

the superplayoff

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Hoops posted:

It's close for Liverpool but I've give POTY to Firmino. Mane hasn't ended the season with quite enough goals and Coutinho is more patchy. Mignolet for most improved player easy.

They've already done it and I think Mane won the fan's player and Coutinho the player's player but I may have gotten them around the wrong way.

Migs has been lowkey one of the best keepers in the league this season. If we had signed him in the summer and he had played the same way he would be considered right up there.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

I realize yesterday's game was 100% meaningless, but someone on another forum summed it up pretty decently: "the result would've been the same if the game had actually mattered", and that's definitely the feeling I have as well.

Jose's got a shitload of work ahead of him to turn this bunch into title candidates, and frankly I'm not at all convinced him or United's structure in general are fit for the task.

Want: Herrera
Is actually gonna be: De Gea or Zlatan

hadji murad posted:

True. Without him the season would be a complete disaster.

What the poo poo are you idiots talking about? De Gea has hardly had anything to do this season (17th for number of saves made IIRC), and most of the saves he's made could have been made by an average PL keeper.

Zlatan will win it. Pretty tight between him and Herrera though imo.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

hadji murad posted:

United didn't have any good players this year
Plucky underdogs Man Utd, having to make do with makeshift players bought on the cheap.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

What the poo poo are you idiots talking about?

The fact that the public perception is still "without De Gea United would've been hosed", so he could easily get POTY.

I'm not saying he SHOULD, but he might.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He won't because he is not one of the three finalists. It has to be one from Ibrahimovic, Herrera and Valencia.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Der Shovel posted:

The fact that the public perception is still "without De Gea United would've been hosed", so he could easily get POTY.

united are already hosed though :confused: obviously they're going to be worse when de gea leaves, but still

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
What a phenomenally hilarious goal that was.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Lot 49 posted:

He won't because he is not one of the three finalists. It has to be one from Ibrahimovic, Herrera and Valencia.

Valencia imo because he's learnt after 7 years how to cross with his left

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Tbf not everyone is born with it like Ozil

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
down syndrome that is

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
No thats Hull

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Kane just passed Lukaku for the golden boot.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

gtkor posted:

Kane just passed Lukaku for the golden boot.

And just scored another.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Noted one season flash in the pan Harry Kane.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Just a poo poo jamie vardy.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
one season wonder harry kane

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lot 49 posted:

Valencia won.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

PirateBob posted:

What the poo poo are you idiots talking about? De Gea has hardly had anything to do this season (17th for number of saves made IIRC), and most of the saves he's made could have been made by an average PL keeper.

Zlatan will win it. Pretty tight between him and Herrera though imo.

i'm sorry the most expensive team was too boring to watch or generally give a poo poo about

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Weaponized Cum posted:

one season wonder harry kane

flash in the pan

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Der Shovel posted:

I'm no expert, but I thought Romero was pretty drat good in his appearances this season. Without Zlatan, that team was hosed good.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Starting next season you can get retroactive bans for diving

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39962886

Every Monday a panel of one ex-ref, one ex-manager, and one ex-player will review footage and if they unanimously agree that a player dived to win a penalty or get a player sent off, the diving player will get a suspension.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It isn't going to change results so does it really matter?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/YouthAcademies/status/865312614653538309

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

It isn't going to change results so does it really matter?

I suppose in theory it could inspire a player not to dive, but in practice since it only applies if you get a player sent off or win a penalty I'm sure players will take the risk anyway because even if they get caught, the effect on the match itself is more important so it will mean literally nothing.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

vyelkin posted:

I suppose in theory it could inspire a player not to dive, but in practice since it only applies if you get a player sent off or win a penalty I'm sure players will take the risk anyway because even if they get caught, the effect on the match itself is more important so it will mean literally nothing.

At least until their team gets shut out in the following two matches because their striker decided a strong gust of wind was enough to send himself head over heels.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

Starting next season you can get retroactive bans for diving

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39962886

Every Monday a panel of one ex-ref, one ex-manager, and one ex-player will review footage and if they unanimously agree that a player dived to win a penalty or get a player sent off, the diving player will get a suspension.

I confidently expect this will be the same roaring success as the Respect campaign was and these bans will totally happen.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Retroactive bans need to make sure one of the matches they get banned from is the next match against the team they wronged.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Dudley posted:

I confidently expect this will be the same roaring success as the Respect campaign was and these bans will totally happen.

It'll be used once against a bottom-of-the-table team so the FA can pat themselves on the back and claim victory over diving before they never utilize it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Dudley posted:

Rashford will do an incredible pirouette and it will never be mentioned again.

• Locked thread