Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
When Juventus signed Pogba from United they gave Raiola part ownership of the player. This is very common in South America but still occurs from time to time in Europe, Joorabchian for example with Tevez and Mascherano. Anyway that's why Raiola got such a big pay day, Juventus had to give him a massive chunk of the £89m United paid. This was all reported at the time though so idk why it's suddenly a 'leaked story'.

Lot 49 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Der Shovel posted:

I'm increasingly worried that insted of being told to gently caress off to China, Rooney will be kept on at United :ohdear:

He will definitely be told to gently caress off. The worry is he won't have anywhere to gently caress off too.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He would either leave for more money (China) or for playing time (MLS, Everton). His options are limited and any potential move has problems but so does staying at United. He constantly talks about wanting to 'play every game' and captain England at the WC next summer, neither will happen without a transfer.

Anyway that's summer transfer talk. Tell me who is going to win your club's player of the year award.

United's is between Ibrahimovic, Valencia and Herrera. I hope Herrera wins but it will probably be Zlatan.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
He won't because he is not one of the three finalists. It has to be one from Ibrahimovic, Herrera and Valencia.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Der Shovel posted:

Mourinho's said he's pretty much going to field an under 23's team against Palace on Sunday, including Angel Gomes, who is 16. I for one think that's what he should've been doing in every game since he decided to focus on the Europa.

Give the kids a chance to impress and maybe play some decent football because it's obvious very few of the extremely high paid first team players give a gently caress anymore. Sunday's game might now be actually fun?

United have been focusing on the Europa for a while now. I think just going full youth in every game would have left them lacking sharpness in the final. Even on sunday he will play a few players like Pogba to make sure they are ready.

It does make the game a lot more interesting though. I don't expect Gomes to start, he's the most talented young player at United atm but is so young and has only just returned from injury, if he comes off the bench that would be great. Mitchell should start, I really like how he has transitioned to LB. Harrop is a nice player too. And I hope Tuanzebe plays at centre back, watching him in midfield the last two games has been frustrating.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Getting the game stopped and having his team mates give him a guard of honour in the minute to match his shirt number is such a John Terry thing to do that I'm surprised I found it surprising.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Three jobs since leaving Everton and all have lasted under a year. Frankly I think Sunderland are lucky he's resigned, shambolic manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
OFFICIAL MANCHESTER UNITED SEASON REVIEW.

Pretty much what I predicted ages ago. They hosed up their league campaign super early but were good after that. CL qualification plus some shiny bits of metal make this a 4/5 star season!!!

Cool guy of the season: Herrera.

Bring on the transfer thread.

• Locked thread