Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Reckon the top 7 will stay as they are now. Can see everyone dropping points over the last few games to maintain the status quo. Maybe we'll swap place with City though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I'm only sad that Boro are going down because it means we can't get rid of Swansea and Hull at the same time

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Hoops posted:

It's close for Liverpool but I've give POTY to Firmino. Mane hasn't ended the season with quite enough goals and Coutinho is more patchy. Mignolet for most improved player easy.

They've already done it and I think Mane won the fan's player and Coutinho the player's player but I may have gotten them around the wrong way.

Migs has been lowkey one of the best keepers in the league this season. If we had signed him in the summer and he had played the same way he would be considered right up there.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

So the reports last night/this morning is that Arsenal are fully committed to Wenger and will push forward with a new two year deal, and Kroenke is definitely absolutely going to try and sell the club (pinky promise).

It's just more of the same now isn't it. They're not going to change anything at the club (because Wenger won't allow it) and the teams around them will continue to improve.

Wonder what affect it'll have on the atmosphere (lol) at the Emirates tomorrow, particularly if we start winning and top 4 slips away. Fancy the crowd won't be best pleased they've been strung along for half the season.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Presumably United will get a fine for fielding a weakened team?

hadji murad posted:

Jose could have prepared by going out to win games and guarantee a CL place but he couldn't or more likely wouldn't, then whined about how his last game should be moved up and asked Big Sam to take it easy on his team.

He's an embarrassment.

If the Man U supporters think I'm being harsh on the guy, don't worry, in a few years you'll know how good it feels to have that guy in the past.

Yeah if their "first team" was performing well it would be different, but they're not. I'm not going through the squad lists but assuming the midweek games are the first team going back over the last few weeks, they beat Celta 1-0 away, beat Anderlecht 2-1 home, but apart from that it's just 0-0 or 1-1 draws. Not exactly building confidence or form.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

triple sulk posted:

Arsenal will win the FA Cup, Wenger will sign on for another five years, and the cycle will begin anew

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/866367975703687170

edit: also unrelated but if Per starts the FA Cup final (and considering the Arsenal CB situation now he probably will) am I understanding correctly that it will be his first start of the season :eyepop:

EvilHawk fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 21, 2017

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Shrapnig posted:

He's been injured all season.

I'm aware. More that the club's captain hasn't started a single game all season.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Completely different situations.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

City are going to have to bring in what, ten players? They're letting five go, their squad wasn't exactly big to begin with, and they're consistently competing on four fronts.

This transfer window is going to be mental.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Iheanacho always seemed like he could become really good, just was upstaged by Aguero and now Jesus.

Does mean West Ham probably won't buy Sturridge off us though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I realise I'm not a prophet but I called it months ago. This has been in the works for ages, they were just waiting for a good result to do it.

• Locked thread