Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

There is a lot of noise among Spurs supporters that Spurs will end up buying him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Eriksen won the supporter player of the year, while Dele won the kids vote.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Kane just passed Lukaku for the golden boot.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Chelsea have apparently canceled their victory parade.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

He has a much better cross and better close control. Only thing Walker has is speed.

That speed thing matters with how Spurs want to play though. You can't have a fullback/wingback that far up the pitch if they cannot make up the ground on the other teams wide players. Also think Trippier's crossing is a little overrated within the attack. The goal is probably to use a wingback to give a guy like Eriksen space to deliver a variety of passes, rather than hope Kane decides he wants to head in a bunch of crosses next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think the problem is that plenty of teams do defend pretty deep against Spurs at this point. Against the teams that are already doing that, Trippier doesn't add a ton (Spurs are scoring plenty as it stands) and I think more often than not, with Rose on the pitch, Spurs will play to the left side anyway.

You clearly need 2 in Pochettino's system given the demands, but I don't really think I would want to be counting on him against the better teams. I think the Trippier over Walker is a bit of revisionism (at least when I see it coming from Spurs supporters), for most of the season everyone thought Walker was one of the best if not the best right backs in England. If Walker gets sold, Spurs need the #1 RB/RWB, not number #2 with Trippier taking over.

• Locked thread