Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Thread title is appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
United have supposedly bid 72m for Mbappe, and Monaco have priced him at 1.2 Pogbas.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blinkz0rz posted:

lmao i'm still laughing at how loving poo poo arsenal are this season

Arsenal were level on points with Chelsea as late as December, too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Do they get a trophy for that?

Yes the Mentally Weak Cup.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Says the supporter of a club who has no strikers.

I mean United have Martial who is a huge question mark at the moment and the near-literal corpses of Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, so it's not like United are exactly spoiled for strikers.

Ewar Woowar posted:

That you realise that the United Way was never an actual thing and the only way you're going to win anything is spend more than everyone else because it's pretty much Mourinho's only tactic to win.

He didn't say anything about that, and also spending more money than everyone else has always been part of the United way.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

triple sulk posted:

I can't wait for the announcement of Wenger signing on for another five years after winning the FA Cup.

I can't wait for when Arsenal don't even win the FA Cup, and Arsenal never even have a high note upon which to announce Wengy's new contract, and then then they just try to slip it in in late June and everybody gets hella angry.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Advanced stat time:

S'Land have earned more away points against the top half of the table than Arsenal.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

In the last fortnight Arsenal have beat City and United :shrug:

It's the annual last gasp push for the 4th place trophy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

UnfurledSails posted:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Rooney in the past couple of years? I haven't watched much football the last 2-3 years and now he's dogshit apparently. He's not even that old yet.

He's got a lot of miles on his body, never took particularly good care of himself, and was never the sort of player who would be able to play at the highest level after he lost a step.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I said that Boro signing a bunch of washed up stars wouldn't keep them up, and hell, I was right.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lot 49 posted:

his was all reported at the time though so idk why it's suddenly a 'leaked story'.

It seems like the "leaked" amount is a lot more than what was reported last year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Raiola is a piece of poo poo and should be killed imo.

He is and he should.

There are a lot of rumbling going on about a power struggle at Arsenal. Gazidis supposedly wants Wenger to Walk and wants to hire a director of football. Wengy wants to stay without a director of football. Personally, I assume they're waiting to announce Wengy's new deal, but lol if Arsenal actually haven't figured out whether Wenger will their manager next season and who will be replacing him if he leaves.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sebzilla posted:

What if that one person runs around and points a lot?

Also big Ronald Koeman has told Ross Barkley to sign da ting by next weekend or he's getting sold which is a pretty baller move in this poster's opinion.

That rules, but I wonder how much he'll actually fetch. He's not actually that good, but I guess City will buy him so they can have another English guy who never plays.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Michy to seal the league title is epic. Chelseaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

He's a good lad

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Can't wait to see Utd own the CL next season, good thing the EL final is as good as won

They're going to spend another £200m and still be bad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Went has got a 1 year contract extension according to L'Equipe

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

1-1 Arsenal/Everton and 2-0 Boro/Pool (or 2-2 and 3-1... etc.) and I think we get a neutral venue match for 4th place. So that's what I am rooting for this Sunday.

This would kinda rule, and honestly I don't even care if Arsenal miss out on 4th because getting dismantled in the first knockout round every year is getting old. So I'm officially joining team neutral venue match.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vinestalk posted:

"Boo hoo, I support a club that has made it out of the group stage since 2003..."

I support entertainment OP

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Really cares about his hair? Is a loving degenerate weirdo? It's Rooney.

Bellerin. 22 years old, loves his hair, and seems like a twink.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Brony Car posted:

The BBC reports that Usmanov has made a 1 billion GBP bid to take control of Arsenal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39981841

I don't know much about the ownership situation. Is this going to push Kroenke out? Will it depend on what happens on Sunday?

People are unhappy with Kroenke, mostly based on his lack of investment into the club. Arsenal spent £100m this summer, so I think that's a red herring. But Usmamov would definitely splash some shady Russian cash, so it's whatever.

E: surprised that Kroenke rejected it. 1bn for 21% of Arsenal seems like a lot.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lmao Arsenal have been getting owned on social media all season long, and now Uefa joins in.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bape Culture posted:

Moyes has quit

My word that man's career has gone downhill.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Anyone have any sources on this Alexis stuff? I don't doubt he'll leave, but I'm not seeing this anywhere.

And if you thought Arsenal had failed to replace their stars in the past, hoo boy just wait to see what they do when they can't even promise CL football.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
While we're on the topic of Arsenal fan fiction, Arsenal will supposedly sign Sead Kolasinac on a free in the summer. He is a left back. He is Bosnian Serbian. He played for Schalke. That is what I know about Sead Kolasinac.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Looks like Mustafi might be out for the FA Cup final. A Holding, Monreal, and Mertesacker back 3 is going to be something.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

Bournemouth have given defoe a 3 year £130k a week contract

They're really going to regret that in a year.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Blasmeister posted:

No excuse for them not winning the prem next season then.

Europa League, the manager, the squad.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Der Shovel posted:

Oh jesus loving christ, Mourinho's already talking about Rooney possibly staying :(

Please for the love of god let that just be PR talk.

This would be the smart thing to say whatever you were going to do with Rooney. He's too famous to be told to gently caress off in public.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Guardian is saying City have bought Bernardo Silvia for £43.6m. Silly season starting strong.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Peter Crouch and Niko Kranjcar will follow shortly thereafter.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This seems like a reasonable transfer?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bobby Digital posted:

The entire defense is going to be a shitshow with Koscielny suspended, Gabriel injured, and Gibbs and Mustafi doubtful.

If you stick with a back three, you have Holding, Per, and...who?, with Monreal and Bellerin. You could play Monreal in the center, but then who is the left wingback? Ox or Bellerin out of position?

Ugh.

Apparently it's Ox out of position.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Someone make an FA Cup final GDT I'm on mobile

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I have mixed feelings.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jason Sextro posted:

And on the same day Cazorla's been ruled out for another five months, even

Reminder that this all started almost a year ago when he was supposed to be out for a couple of days. Arsenalphysios.txt.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gorn Myson posted:

Didn't they replace their entire physio team a few years ago or am I thinking of something entirely different?

Because if thats the case then the issue is Wenger's training and conditioning methods (and possibly a lack/abundance of doping)

They hired a new fitness coach, and that seems to have reduced the number of soft tissue injuries. But the players still pick up these weird tendon problems probably stemming from overexertion(Wengy's fault) and the physios keep misdiagnosing them.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vinestalk posted:

Thank you, Dr. blue footed boobie.

FYI, tendons are soft tissue

Yeah that was poorly phrased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Xabi posted:

Sounds like they're doopin mental and we should pay close attention. Where is the Midwest anyway? In the middle of the western half or just west of the middle?

It's just the middle of the country.

• Locked thread