Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That's more of a scissor kick than a bicycle kick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'm sure Mbappe is looking at martials amazing development into a top 6 striker at united and is chomping at the bit to come

Says the supporter of a club who has no strikers.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

Look at the hurt feelings in this post.

Elaborate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Most of United's supporters don't like their style of football either.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

Can anyone tell me what happened to Rooney in the past couple of years? I haven't watched much football the last 2-3 years and now he's dogshit apparently. He's not even that old yet.

Fat, smokes a pack a day, doesn't train hard, lost about three yards of pace in the last two years.

I'm not defending him but saying he's not that old isn't totally true in footballing mileage terms. He's been playing 40+ matches a season for the past fifteen years. Remember that he was starting for Everton when he was 16.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Who?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

im glad that wenger will finish 4th again and stay on

If that means Liverpool finishing 5th that would be very funny.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Leicester's transfers were very bad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Can't wait to play Man United in the Champions League final

Could just as easily be the Europa League final!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

I, as a Liverpool fan, hope that Liverpool lose, and Arsene Wenger is given a 5 year contract.

Best case scenario imo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

United didn't have any good players this year

De Gea.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Noted one season flash in the pan Harry Kane.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lot 49 posted:

He won't because he is not one of the three finalists. It has to be one from Ibrahimovic, Herrera and Valencia.

Valencia won.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It isn't going to change results so does it really matter?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Kroenke already rejected the buyout

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

People are unhappy with Kroenke, mostly based on his lack of investment into the club. Arsenal spent £100m this summer, so I think that's a red herring. But Usmamov would definitely splash some shady Russian cash, so it's whatever.

E: surprised that Kroenke rejected it. 1bn for 21% of Arsenal seems like a lot.

Kroenke owns 67% of Arsenal.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Agreed, regardless of the consequences for United (there aren't any) there are still things the opponent is playing for and someone down the line is going to object to fielding an obvious throwaway side.

If Palace win and results go their way they can pick up an extra £2.5-5m in bonuses so there's that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/866367975703687170

edit: also unrelated but if Per starts the FA Cup final (and considering the Arsenal CB situation now he probably will) am I understanding correctly that it will be his first start of the season :eyepop:

He's been injured all season.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Honest to god I don't know who half these players are

Six of them already play for Arsenal and one was strongly linked with Liverpool so your statement is patently false.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Bournemouth have given defoe a 3 year £130k a week contract

That's a lot of money.

Sorry about your incoming ban.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Hererra is a whiny bitch and actually worse than Pogba(!)

Both of these statements can be true and he can still be really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I always liked Zaba. He just seemed like a dude who worked as hard as he could every second he was on the pitch and actually enjoyed it and that's rare these days.

• Locked thread