Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Noted cosplayer and glowing potato Jay Maynard (better known as Tron Guy) has decided he's taking his kilobuck and leaving.

Make PenguiCon Great Again

I'd seen him at the con in years past but never met him. This year he was spotted wearing a 'write-in your pronouns' badge that said "My Pronouns Are not a political statement" and generally complaining that people cared too much about asking permission before feeling someone up and being relevant.

An example of the signs he was complaining about :

I've never quite understood why someone would complain about leftist politics in Science Fiction unless they had never actually read any, but there you go.

Click here for all your Glow Potato needs.

Mile'ionaha has issued a correction as of 04:50 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

scuba school sucks posted:

To be fair if I was at an "event" and they were handing out "write-in your pronouns" badges I'd just leave.

Clearly you don't go to crazy enough events.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

shovelbum posted:

Don't the gender Tumblr crowd gently caress all day or why would they care about orientation and identity so much

Well... that depends. Asexuals don't do much loving, as a general rule, although some enjoy sex but it never occurs to them to initiate. Part of the discussion of intersectionality is that the choice to NOT gently caress is just as valid as the choice TO gently caress.

The rest, though? Probably yeah. Especially the 25+ crowd. I'm not sure I've ever been to a poly/kink/queer con where I was interested in having sex with interesting and willing and attractive partners and failed to do so.

When you are in a consent-based culture and have a feeling of safety and security and knowledge that you will be respected whether you say yes or no? It makes saying yes a LOT easier for both men and women.

The ultimate irony of MRA's and RedPill types: people who truly embrace and internalize feminism are having more and better sex than they are.

Mile'ionaha has issued a correction as of 17:44 on May 5, 2017

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pierson posted:

Current nerd poo poo is just incredibly bloodless when it comes to sex.

I mean, I guess that's true unless you realize that Jacqueline Carey and Shibari (anime cons usually have at least one panel) and fanfic is all 'nerd poo poo'

Hodgepodge posted:

There's this series you should check out, you probably haven't heard of it...

Can't tell if we're talking about the same thing.

• Locked thread