Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Polis masa is where Padame dies, IIRC

Also this

bunnyofdoom posted:

EDIT: No comment on the conference room? For shame. Box droid is a gonk droid.

One of the funniest parts of A New Hope is when a guy starts mocking another coworker's religious beliefs until he's nearly choked to death mid-meeting, and no one seems to mind all that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

The Door Frame posted:

One of the funniest parts of A New Hope is when a guy starts mocking another coworker's religious beliefs until he's nearly choked to death mid-meeting, and no one seems to mind all that much

Nearly choked to death via an invisible hand, no less, and the rest of the people in the room all just look mildly uncomfortable/annoyed. Like if a kid started crying in a restaurant.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Now that you've mentioned Spider-Man you know I'm obligated to link this.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Campaign, Part 12 featuring The Death Star - Prison Break.

Yeah, I forgot this was in the world before Rogue One, so its all about the theft of the plans.

No Video available

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Campaign, Part 12 featuring The Death Star - Prison Break.

Yeah, I forgot this was in the world before Rogue One, so its all about the theft of the plans.

It grabbed the edit link rather than the video link, changed it.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

The Door Frame posted:

HannibalBarca posted:

Nearly choked to death via an invisible hand, no less, and the rest of the people in the room all just look mildly uncomfortable/annoyed. Like if a kid started crying in a restaurant.

One of the most fun parts of the later movies is that it puts ANH at a point where the Empire and thus the destruction of the Jedi was at most 20 years ago.

I bet every other guy in that room had personally worked with Jedi in the past and was entirely aware of how exaggerated the stories of their abilities weren't.

There's mocking a co-worker's religious beliefs, and then there's being a goddamn anti-vaxxer to Jonas Salk. If Jonas Salk were also a top enforcer of a vicious autocracy and the deadliest duellist in the entire galaxy.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I dunno- I think it all depends on how common Force-users were, and from that, how common Jedi were among the populace. It does stand to reason that in a galaxy of countless trillions and with a Jedi population of a few thousand at most, not many people would've experienced a Jedi's abilities in the flesh, especially if they were somehow insulated.

That being said, while this makes sense for Han Solo, it doesn't explain how an Imperial officer who had been chosen to work on the Death Star would've been so dismissive.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think the movies' presentation suffers from the general Star Wars problem of "Force users are incredibly rare and special. But almost every single story in the setting revolves around Force users."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The imperial officer can be explained by the fact his workplace had a culture hostile to force users thanks to Tarkin.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Campaign, Part 13, featuring Polis Massa - Birth of the Rebellion.

On an unrelated note, I'll be streaming games every day for a few weeks, this week being dedicated to Shadow of Mordor. No Star Wars games are included in the poll for next week's game but that can be changed for the week after if anyone has a good suggestion.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Polis Massa is the asteroid facility where Luke and Leia were born.

Bothans show up in The Old Republic, dunno where else.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

They were in Empire at War.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Fun fact: The Tantive IV is actually pronounced tohn-tee-vay.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Bothan spies are also in Rebellion

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Surprised you didn't try to go out side the hanger I did that and learned the hard way why it's a bad idea on that map.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Campaign, Part 14, featuring Tantive IV - Recovering the plans.

Veloxyll posted:

Bothan spies are also in Rebellion

Yeah, but they never had a 3D model, just an image.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

They were in Empire at War.

Fun fact: I thought Empire at War was Star Wars Battlefront 2. At first I was confused as to why they'd made Battlefront an RTS, but the trailer looked amazing on the Episode 3 DVD. Turns out I was highlighting the wrong one all along and didn't realise it until Battlefront 2 turned out to be a third person shooter!

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It's Ton-ti-vey in the radio drama! :argh:

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

This was the one level in the campaign that I had to use cheats on. No matter what I did, I could not get Darth Vader out long enough to beat the stage. I basically input a cheat to give full health forever.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Campaign, Part 15 featuring Yavin IV - Vader's Fist Strikes Back. Also featuring the worlds worst Victory II design.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It sounds like an odd thing to praise this game for, but one of the things that made Battlefront 2 so memorable to me was the story. It's a simple and effective narrative framing device, and the voice actor does a wonderful job of sounding so tired and done with this poo poo. Also an element of tragedy, too, you know full well he's most likely one of the many nameless, faceless stormtroopers who died in the movies or was on board some ship or station the Rebels blew up.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I think I'd disagree. Our narrator has clearly been through a lot. Years and Years of the clone wars, plus the rise and fall of the Empire. As the empire drew on, it seems the lasting Clones started to lose their designated loyalty somewhat. I feel like he either survived to the end of the Empire and went off on his own, or maybe stuck around to become a part of the First Order. I highly doubt he died in any attacks.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
My favorite part was the tri shot on the SBD

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"These transports are moving at quite a clip..." as the transport is literally clipping through the star destroyer. :v:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Warmal posted:

This was the one level in the campaign that I had to use cheats on. No matter what I did, I could not get Darth Vader out long enough to beat the stage. I basically input a cheat to give full health forever.

That's odd. For me the hardest part was getting Vader in the first place. They're fully aware they have infinite numbers while you don't, and so abuse grenades and the like. Once Vader's out there, you have proper unlimited crowd damage.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Cythereal posted:

It sounds like an odd thing to praise this game for, but one of the things that made Battlefront 2 so memorable to me was the story. It's a simple and effective narrative framing device, and the voice actor does a wonderful job of sounding so tired and done with this poo poo. Also an element of tragedy, too, you know full well he's most likely one of the many nameless, faceless stormtroopers who died in the movies or was on board some ship or station the Rebels blew up.

Yup, Temuera Morrison is bloody brilliant as a narrator. I'd love for him to do some audiobooks. Anthony Daniels, C3PO himself, has read the Thrawn Trilogy and was superb.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Campaign, Part 16 featuring Yavin IV - Revenge of the Empire.

As we're nearing the end, Galactic Conquest too draws near. Out of the four factions, which would you like to see first in Galactic Conquest?

HerpicleOmnicron5 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 3, 2017

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Droids or maybe Rebels.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

HannibalBarca posted:

Droids or maybe Rebels.

Yeah, just not the Clones and Stormtroopers. We've seen them enough for now.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
We should pick a faction that we haven't played so far, so that means either droids or rebels.
However we've also played the baddies throughout this campaign and I'm not a fan of the prequels, so Rebel Alliance is the choice for me :v:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Rebel Scum

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Droids

Get in a destroyer droid and just keep rollin' rollin' rollin'

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Campaign, Finale Featuring Hoth - Our Finest Hour.

And so ends the first leg of Battlefront 2 the original: a campaign of limited scope that did a serviceable job of introducing players to the game. A notable fact that I've just realised is that it never forces you into any gimmicky nonsense nor any forced vehicle segments, that blows my mind nowadays.

Right now it appears the Rebel Alliance is ahead for Galactic Conquest, I'll begin recording for that next week so if people want Droids more, now's the time to speak up. Regular uploads will continue with some of the tertiary gameplay modes only accessible via Instant Action.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My personal little idea for the context of the narrator telling the story is that he's the old man of the 501st, the last original clone trooper telling stories to the new recruits/clones as they're shipped out to Endor where he and all the remnants of Vader's Fist die along with their leader.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

That back section of the map is also open on the Wampa hunt mode, which is incidentally an incredibly fun time.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

That back section of the map is also open on the Wampa hunt mode, which is incidentally an incredibly fun time.

Speaking of Hunt mode, I've recorded that and all of the other incidental fun Instant Action modes, would you like to either:

A: See all Hunt modes in one video (40 Minutes) or

B: See each Hunt separately

They're all at most 10 minutes per Hunt map and there are 6 of them, some of them (Geonosis and Kashyyyk) are are really fast. Also, would you like to see Battlefront 1 content (New) now or in between Galactic Conquests?

If you're at all interested in playing Battlefront 1 (New) on PC, grab Origin Access. It's a brilliant deal for the full experience, at £20 for one year's access to that game and many others soon including Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 (new). That's how I'm playing it.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'd prefer sporadically because it's a repetitive game mode. Also, I'd hope to see the CIS in conquest, the Droideka is one of the few completely unique classes in the game

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Herpicle, I enjoyed your LP of Battlefront, but for the love of all that is good and holy PLEASE learn to autoduck your own narration so I don't have to constantly blast my speakers in order to hear what Temuera Morrison is saying.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Herpicle, I enjoyed your LP of Battlefront, but for the love of all that is good and holy PLEASE learn to autoduck your own narration so I don't have to constantly blast my speakers in order to hear what Temuera Morrison is saying.

I'm fairly sure I didn't talk over the narration at all, and if so for only a couple incidental words. Could you point me to where I hosed up so I can cut myself out and re-upload?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I'm fairly sure I didn't talk over the narration at all, and if so for only a couple incidental words. Could you point me to where I hosed up so I can cut myself out and re-upload?

It's been a thing throughout the LP. The narrator's voice is far, far softer than your own. Like IronSaber, I've been cranking up my volume during the intros and outros to hear the narrator before returning them to normal for your speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Can confirm. Real quiet.

• Locked thread