Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I was the same on the former point, it was on a whim that I tried repairing, but I did respect the latter decision. Order 66 should not be easy to execute, you're killing goddamned Jedi. It's an effective climax to the first chapter of the game though clumsily handled. Would've been much nicer if we'd had access to the Dark Trooper though, or if allied AI were worth a drat in fighting Jedi.

Eh. I think Jedi are at their best when they're fallible and mortal. Yes, they're capable of superhuman feats, but they're still human or the equivalent thereof and can be taken down by anyone with sufficient skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Something I noticed in the space battles, Herp: bombs do much more damage the further they fall. A high, slow bombing run can destroy a frigate in two passes if you're high enough and every bomb hits - firing them point blank does significantly less damage.

It's one of the things that makes learning each bomber's arc on their bombs (every race's bomber has a different trajectory when firing bombs) important if you fly a bomber a lot.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
...They really didn't want it to actually be the clones' fault, did they?

Why does everything have to be "No, it's the Sith Lord's fault?" Why can't ordinary people betray and kill Jedi of their own free will?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

White Coke posted:

I think the clones should have been the army of the Confederacy. They call it the Clone Wars in the original trilogy, and people usually give wars names based on who they fought. They don't call it the Vietnam War in Vietnam.

It shows up in the early Star Wars EU books, too. People naturally assumed the Republic fought an army of evil clones, and in the early EU evil clones and cloning technology were popular superweapons to make villains threats.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I think the movies' presentation suffers from the general Star Wars problem of "Force users are incredibly rare and special. But almost every single story in the setting revolves around Force users."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Polis Massa is the asteroid facility where Luke and Leia were born.

Bothans show up in The Old Republic, dunno where else.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
It sounds like an odd thing to praise this game for, but one of the things that made Battlefront 2 so memorable to me was the story. It's a simple and effective narrative framing device, and the voice actor does a wonderful job of sounding so tired and done with this poo poo. Also an element of tragedy, too, you know full well he's most likely one of the many nameless, faceless stormtroopers who died in the movies or was on board some ship or station the Rebels blew up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My personal little idea for the context of the narrator telling the story is that he's the old man of the 501st, the last original clone trooper telling stories to the new recruits/clones as they're shipped out to Endor where he and all the remnants of Vader's Fist die along with their leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'm fairly sure I didn't talk over the narration at all, and if so for only a couple incidental words. Could you point me to where I hosed up so I can cut myself out and re-upload?

It's been a thing throughout the LP. The narrator's voice is far, far softer than your own. Like IronSaber, I've been cranking up my volume during the intros and outros to hear the narrator before returning them to normal for your speaking.

• Locked thread