Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

The Door Frame posted:

Counterpoint, they're vat raised humans(?) that could have been brainwashed as part of their training. And they were constantly getting secret missions from the Empire to undermine their respect and dedication to their jedi counterparts

Furthermore, they don't have to want to kill them, the 501st didn't want the Twilek jedi to be killed, but they kept on with their missions despite knowing their saving grace would be murdered in cold blood

I always thought that that was how it went. Like. they were conditioned to eventually betray the Jedi. which is the whole reason for the "This army is for the Republic".
Devotion to the mission/orders regardless of personal feelings is entirely within the realm of "rear end in a top hat Sith acts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Some of the EU books had Clones on both sides. But I guess after they'd made the droids the new Storm troopers, they needed to fit clones in there somewhere

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Complications posted:

I don't recall clones ever being used except by the bad guys in the New Republic era EU, but the bits of information about the Clone Wars only made sense if everyone had been using them. The Katana Fleet was Republic-affiliated but manned by clones, for instance, while there was mention of the Jedi also fighting against clones. I figured that the wars kicked off with everyone throwing endless disposable manpower around since the theoreticians thought that they had everything all figured out until the clones all went mad (would've turned out cloning at scale was different than whatever trial runs they did), then the galaxy's militaries re-unified in the face of having to put their armed forces to the torch. The Empire's initial dissent squashing would've been the military forces, lead by Palpatine, being sick of all the carnage after everything went insane. Or something. The Jedi Order getting eliminated was always a question mark in that theory.

when Thrawn recommissuioned the Katana fleet he used clones. But the fleet's main strength was that it was heavily automated. It only took 2000 a warship instead of the usual 16000 for a comparable warship

Until, you know, someone went space-crazy and shot the whole thing into deep space.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Bothan spies are also in Rebellion

• Locked thread