Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Well, I'm reinstalling this and buying Jedi Outcast for good measure

Battlefront 2 is still my gold standard for shooters

E: Outcast crashes on startup for Intel graphics cards without a new opengl file...

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Are you going to show off XL battles and the Mos Eisley Assault?

Also, the LA-AT is one of the worst ships in the game, it's the only one I can think of with limited rockets. Even worse than limited ordinance, the AI makes all boarding vessels into hot garbage, since they fly out of the hangar almost as soon as you depart the ship and rarely assist in assaulting the interior...

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I love Battlefront 2, but it is not a good shooter by design. It's a great Star War rather than being a tight shooter, focusing more on selling the setting and most importantly being fun. I'd not hold it as a gold standard for shooters, but definitely as a gold standard for media tie-in games

That's definitely fair to say; its shooting is sloppy, its classes aren't balanced particularly well, it has little variety outside of special classes, and the bots aren't always the best at completing objectives. Also, the Hard difficulty AI completely shits itself in XL battles.

I suppose that I should have said "multiplayer shooters" instead, as it's simply one of the most fun and varied multiplayer shooters.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I never bothered to try to repair the archives despite always playing an engineer...

I actually HATED this level because of how many overpowered enemies you have to fight basically solo

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Counterpoint, they're vat raised humans(?) that could have been brainwashed as part of their training. And they were constantly getting secret missions from the Empire to undermine their respect and dedication to their jedi counterparts

Furthermore, they don't have to want to kill them, the 501st didn't want the Twilek jedi to be killed, but they kept on with their missions despite knowing their saving grace would be murdered in cold blood

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Kasrkin posted:

i always thought it was Hilarious, that in the Entire Galaxy, no one seemed to have anything like a Standing military. seems like not even planet based ones

and how incredible dumb it was, that the Jedi (Yoda of all people too) effectively alone decided to kick off the war by bringing in the Clones (after basically assaulting geonosis with hundreds of Jedi to boot).
and that is even AFTER they found out how absolutely insanely shady the circumstances of the Clone creation where.

Oh, how i love Star wars :allears:

aaaanyway, to stay remotely ontopic

thanks to you Herp i'm not only playing Battlefleet gothic again, now i play Battlefront 2 also.
though is it just me or is galactic conquest basically unplayable?

Just buy the Garrison bonus for every defensive action and the game basically ends in your favor

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Polis masa is where Padame dies, IIRC

Also this

bunnyofdoom posted:

EDIT: No comment on the conference room? For shame. Box droid is a gonk droid.

One of the funniest parts of A New Hope is when a guy starts mocking another coworker's religious beliefs until he's nearly choked to death mid-meeting, and no one seems to mind all that much

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I'd prefer sporadically because it's a repetitive game mode. Also, I'd hope to see the CIS in conquest, the Droideka is one of the few completely unique classes in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

How? I always assumed rewards were bugged

• Locked thread