Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Complications posted:

That bit of canon is so dumb. Just leave it as the Jedi being outnumbered hundreds to one, alone against them with no way out, and completely flat footed because they trusted the clones. Otherwise, how the hell did they fight droids? The Jedis' reflexes should be to put the clones inside their circle of defense when the danger sense lights up and the shooting starts, except this once it was the wrong move. Or they were just shocked. Or whatever. There are a lot of reasons why a person wouldn't respond with robotic precision to sudden violence from a heretofore completely trustworthy source.

I was sure the canon reason was rather than that the clones minds were biologically different it was that after so long at war the Jedi just stopped thinking of clones as people and didn't bother reading their intentions. But I honestly can't remember if that was from something or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

cambrian obelus posted:

The French and Indian War.

But it's only called that in the US and specifically because Americans fought the French and their native American allies?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lucas is incredibly bad at pacing. It's essentially the same problem as angsty Anakin. He wants to show the decline of the Republic, but spends the first movie in the trilogy on a complete tangent and then rushes the decline in the second and third. By making the moral failings of the Republic so obvious it retroactively makes the rebellion seem pretty lovely for wanting to return to it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Having the Jedi find out the cloning madness was engineered by Palpatine and stand against the Republic in defence of innocents, the thing they're supposed to do, before being wiped out would have made so much more sense.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 16, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Kasrkin posted:

i always thought it was Hilarious, that in the Entire Galaxy, no one seemed to have anything like a Standing military. seems like not even planet based ones

and how incredible dumb it was, that the Jedi (Yoda of all people too) effectively alone decided to kick off the war by bringing in the Clones (after basically assaulting geonosis with hundreds of Jedi to boot).
and that is even AFTER they found out how absolutely insanely shady the circumstances of the Clone creation where.

Oh, how i love Star wars :allears:

aaaanyway, to stay remotely ontopic

thanks to you Herp i'm not only playing Battlefleet gothic again, now i play Battlefront 2 also.
though is it just me or is galactic conquest basically unplayable?

All to prop up a failing government over taxation and trade rights. :thumbsup:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 16, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The imperial officer can be explained by the fact his workplace had a culture hostile to force users thanks to Tarkin.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
They were in Empire at War.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
It's Ton-ti-vey in the radio drama! :argh:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Rebel Scum

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
That back section of the map is also open on the Wampa hunt mode, which is incidentally an incredibly fun time.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

radintorov posted:

I wonder if the fact he was one of the bounty hunter is why his race was then written as being so obsessed by "the hunt".

This is Star Wars, of course that's the reasoning.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Mouse wheel. You also need to have earned the reward enough to stop being 'green' on the rewards screen for whatever reason. Once you have done it enough to get legendary you always have the reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Function keys give orders, pretty sure F2 is follow me, can't remember the others.

Don't think CPs take tickets either, that might only be the new one.

• Locked thread