Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I love Phantom Dust, the single-player's structure is kind of weak though. You run around in a bunker talking to NPC's until one says someone's looking for you & then you find that person & when you talk to them they give you a mission that takes place in one of the 7 or so maps. It's still really fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I know it's not likely but I wish they'd found a way to replicate the original game's custom soundtrack support, you could set each level's music individually to anything you had saved on your Xbox.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm assuming no, but is there still any sort of competitive scene for this thing?

Not really, closest u can get is there's a fan forum that still plays it & is trying to set themselves up as a knowledge database for the rerelease (http://phantomdusted.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=1b9bfea6c1230ceafb438081f2ec4be6)

Personally I just like looking @ it to see them constantly get psyched up

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
O hell yeah

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

White Genocide posted:

i didnt get far or good in this game (probably misunderstood the deck-building/magic mechanic too) but it was awesoem battling. also you could 360 the left stick and spin in place perfectly

Doing that was like 50% of my time spent on the tutorial level in Hitman: Blood Money. Dock workers walkin by & Agent 47s just spinnin like a top

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Wish there was an online option to skirmish with random decks like the local multiplayer had(has?).

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I love it &

Hat Thoughts posted:

Wish there was an online option to skirmish with random decks like the local multiplayer had(has?).
there totally is!

Can't wait until more than a fifth of the players understand how to actually play the game though, I keep wishing there was a chat function so I could explain what's going on to the people helplessly running in circles around my orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If you're talking just in general definitely but the "quick match" option in this seems like, broken, if you use "Optimatch" you'll find a bunch of lobbies.

• Locked thread