Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Anyone interested in going this year? I think some folks may be headed down for the August session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
let's get sideways kids

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I highly doubt my wife will say "sure honey, you can spend 500 dollars and go away for a few days and ride motorbikes," but on the off chance the warden approves my leave request, how are you traveling BC?

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'm all signed up and ready to eat some more dirt.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'm down this year.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

EX250 Type R posted:

I highly doubt my wife will say "sure honey, you can spend 500 dollars and go away for a few days and ride motorbikes," but on the off chance the warden approves my leave request, how are you traveling BC?

You want to drive down with me? If yes then I could drive. Otherwise, I'll fly.

E: $400 - 50 off for military, 50 off for bring a friend. Well worth it at twice the price.

builds character fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 4, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Well I am in the dog house tonight but she wants some tattoo for mothers day so I will see if I can sell her on this and let you know

e: only /active/ duty

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 4, 2017

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Signed up. Looking forward to sweating so much they don't need to water the track.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

Signed up. Looking forward to sweating so much they don't need to water the track.

I just signed up as well. I used you for the friend discount.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am interested but no longer live on the east coast. Debating flying out but probably not happening :'(

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

hot sauce posted:

I am interested but no longer live on the east coast. Debating flying out but probably not happening :'(

:(

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm interested. Cornerspin is totally worth taking $500 out of the savings that's supposed to replace my beat up car, right?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

I'm interested. Cornerspin is totally worth taking $500 out of the savings that's supposed to replace my beat up car, right?

It unequivocally is. Where are you coming from?

Related, https://wallethacks.com/how-to-donate-plasma/

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Donating plasma was a good way to make extra cash when I was poor(er). Only problem was that the company we donated to (Biomat) changed their policies and no longer gave out cash. You got a Citi bank card that had a monthly fee, charged a fee when you used the card, and charged a fee if you didn't use the card for 30 days. Make sure to double check the facility's payout policies before signing up.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm on the fence

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

https://www.facebook.com/RhoadesRacingTV/videos/vb.525537070976306/698441833685828/

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

hot sauce posted:

just floating it, but DEN -> ATL are usually cheap flights and i drive every year sooooo

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

builds character posted:

It unequivocally is. Where are you coming from?

Related, https://wallethacks.com/how-to-donate-plasma/

Hampton Roads in VA. Only about a 5 hour drive, which is pretty good for a weekend trip.

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Razzled posted:

just floating it, but DEN -> ATL are usually cheap flights and i drive every year sooooo

Do you hit at least one mailbox on the way to NC?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Razzled posted:

Next year bruh, I've spent too much money this year already :'''(

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Ooh this looks awesome, but I am not even yet a new rider. I took the MSF 2 years ago, but since then a divorce has derailed my first bike purchase, and I probably won't be able to get up on 2 wheels this season. I've looked over the website, and this course seems great for building up some skills while I save up the cash to grab my ride, or am I mistaken?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

Ooh this looks awesome, but I am not even yet a new rider. I took the MSF 2 years ago, but since then a divorce has derailed my first bike purchase, and I probably won't be able to get up on 2 wheels this season. I've looked over the website, and this course seems great for building up some skills while I save up the cash to grab my ride, or am I mistaken?

As long as you know how to ride a bike cornerspin is never a bad idea

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The course is great for learning skills that translate to road riding. The skills I learned saved my rear end a couple of times on asphalt. I would suggest being comfortable with clutch/shifting before taking the class though. It's primarily focused on maintaining control when one or more wheels are sliding.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Yes, it is good and you should take it.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Hell yes, I'm signed up. Looking forward to sweating my rear end off and target fixating right off the track :downsa:

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
You will definitely go off track and crash many times over. Our GoPro footage from 2014 was never posted but it included some hilarious crashing.

Also just a reminder that if you use the loaner safety gear, wash any cuts you get immediately. My leg looked like some resident evil poo poo after getting an infection from a shin guard there :barf:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Christ, why do they always hold it on days I'm stuck with audits? :smith: This always looks like a blast.

Have fun and eat dirt, kids.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just got the directions emailed to me. Even if it weren't for your guy's rave reviews, I'd know this would be fantastic.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I'll be flying in straight from a work trip, is there any room in a carpool from the hotel?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I'll be flying in straight from a work trip, is there any room in a carpool from the hotel?

Yeah, but if you're weird you have to wear your helmet in the car.

E: how are you getting to the hotel? You should rent a car. I flew into Charlotte last year and I think greenboro is your other option and neither of those are close enough to cab/uber without spending well more than the cost of renting a car.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

I'm very weird, but I'm not bringing my own helmet. That's unfortunate news about the necessity of a rental car, but so be it. I'll be arriving 8:30 on Friday, so if there's anyone else in the same boat and time frame, I'd be happy to split the ride and costs.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

I'm very weird, but I'm not bringing my own helmet. That's unfortunate news about the necessity of a rental car, but so be it. I'll be arriving 8:30 on Friday, so if there's anyone else in the same boat and time frame, I'd be happy to split the ride and costs.

I mean, you don't have to take my word for it, but https://goo.gl/maps/GB1F6Yu8QEm Fortunately they're like $8 a day.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm guessing most of you are at the Comfort Suites. I'll be down for breakfast around 7 tomorrow morning if anyone else wants to get the awkward "Stairs????" out of the way before going to the track.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Deeters posted:

I'm guessing most of you are at the Comfort Suites. I'll be down for breakfast around 7 tomorrow morning if anyone else wants to get the awkward "Stairs????" out of the way before going to the track.

builds character fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 5, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

M42
Nov 12, 2012

dope af I can barely walk/wipe my own rear end, A++++ will go again

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Aaron needs to cross-promote with Sideburn and hand out these stickers at the end:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hUAVtsCKxY

some crashes

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Lol got my legit layer dan moment. When newbie went down in front of me I was like oh poo poo and laid it down to not run him over

• Locked thread