Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Been out four years to the month. IRR commitment ended a year ago.

Feels real good.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Awww Yeaaaaaa

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Ugh I just remembered I'm still in

LMAO no I'm not get rekt army

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I don't think I'm in.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Regarding the IRR. If WWIII starts a full mobilization we're all going to get drafted (barring age or any extreme disqualifying things) regardless, especially having prior military service. Nothing matters.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huU14IFUHBg

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

DoktorLoken posted:

Regarding the IRR. If WWIII starts a full mobilization we're all going to get drafted (barring age or any extreme disqualifying things) regardless, especially having prior military service. Nothing matters.

Shut your whore mouth!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

DoktorLoken posted:

This was already addressed you negative Nancy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

Yeah well I live in a major metropolis so the nukes will get me first :colbert:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pretty sure Hawaii is getting vaporized early too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

7 years now

eat poo poo if you're still in

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I had a nightmare that I got dragged back in. Then I remembered I've been out for a long while and wouldn't pass a PT test if I tried.

Feels good man.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather get nuked than join the army again.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mike-o posted:

I'd rather get nuked

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I got that real bad reenlistment code so if they come looking for me I'll probably see the canned sunshine before I get through CIF

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Mike-o posted:

I'd rather get nuked.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Still out of the military! Have a good Friday, you guys!

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Flikken posted:

I had a nightmare that I got dragged back in. Then I remembered I've been out for a long while and wouldn't pass a PT test if I tried.

Feels good man.

That won't save you, they don't make you take a PT test when you get recalled. They just ship you off to a unit that probably won't test you because you're deployed and if they do, it's not like they're going to send you home for a failed test.

I think we only did organized PT once before being sent to deploying units and it was just jogging around the barracks. Another time we were supposed to do something, but one of the recalled captains went up in front of the formation and zonked us so we all sprinted back to our rooms screaming so we couldn't hear the instructor's attempts to get us back.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You can deploy with a failed PT score, if it's current.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Stroking my freedom beard on this, this beautiful Saturday morning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's loving beautiful out. The past two days of cold and bullshit snow are over and maybe, just loving maybe, I can put my jackets and long pants aside for a while.

But even poo poo cold days are better than army days.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I think the whole PNW is roughly 10 degrees colder on average for the month of April and May, we're not finally hitting high 70's and 80's for the next 10 days...

Going for a bike ride, laying down a bunch of sod with a buddy while drinking beers and grilling up a bunch of BBQ chicken.

the best life is the non military life sometimes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I really need to spend this gorgeous day working in the garage.

But I'm probably going to burn half of it playing PUBG because gently caress me, right?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MurderBot posted:

the best life is the non military life sometimes always.

Fixed that for all the lurkers that can't post in here

Get out while you still can boyos and you too can live this free (with beards!)

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Posting itt cos I'm still not in. Just called into work cos I"m sick. Couldn't do that poo poo in the military.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Dude McAwesome posted:

Posting itt cos I'm still not in. Just called into work cos I"m sick. Couldn't do that poo poo in the military.

You piece of poo poo. No heart.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

You piece of poo poo. No heart.

Hahahaha, exactly.

Now I just get a "Cool, see you next shift." Because someone will get some OT and paid more to cover me.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I have this weird nightmare where I wake up back in afghanistan wearing civilian clothes and I have no gear or weapon but the marine corps has me on their roster somehow and I'm getting yelled at for losing my weapon while trying to explain that I got out years ago but they don't believe me

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

I have this weird nightmare where I wake up back in afghanistan wearing civilian clothes and I have no gear or weapon but the marine corps has me on their roster somehow and I'm getting yelled at for losing my weapon while trying to explain that I got out years ago but they don't believe me

I've had drat near the same exact dream.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey

wheres your weapon?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey

wheres your weapon?

Right here

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Reverand maynard posted:

I had this same dream. Got called up as an O4 in the USMC, bad hip and steep level of THC in my urine notwithstanding.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Greenmeat, I really wanna get stoned with you sometime.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Hey guys what's today did I miss PT?

Nah. I'm at home waiting on my coffee about to cook me a huge breakfast and then smoke some weed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I have to go to work. Goddamnit.

Someone point me in the direction of a lazy, decent paying work from home job.

Maybe I should ask voc rehab to make me a farmer.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I have to go to work. Goddamnit.

Someone point me in the direction of a lazy, decent paying work from home job.

Maybe I should ask voc rehab to make me a farmer.

i do internal tech support from home overnight

i repair citrix vms and play ps4 and poop with home field advantage always

this job has basically no advancement but it pays well and the benefits and pension are good + 6% 401k matching. my manager is cool and doesnt care as long as we answer the phone.

i spend a lot of time talking to indian contractors. they lie a lot. i've worked really hard on being nicer to them since trump was elected.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I know gently caress all about computers now, let alone any coding or IT. I might actually be our most computer illiterate gipper.

Put me on a tractor with a cash crop and we're in business, though.

My dream is literally a square mile of marijuana.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
GiP is pretty literate. There are a few of us who write software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I moved away from doing media campaigns into poking around website code for audience data collection. It's way better in terms of pay and company.

• Locked thread