Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Woke up early, saw that the contractor wasn't coming today, went back to sleep. Had a late breakfast, scratched my beard, and now I'm gonna get some work done on the car. It's hotter than satan's balls out there, but I'm still not in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CurbStomp
Jul 23, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not having to answer to micromanaging morons is pretty loving great :unsmith:

Word

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Woke up this morning and pulled the business card sized DD214 I keep laminated in my wallet just to make sure.

Still not in the military.

SMDFTB

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Still not in, but now I work around military so I get to relish just how not-in I am.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm surrounded by military bases. I should go get an easy base job. Anyone know if they contract out towel manager at the gym jobs?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
They do at army bases.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress. Yes.

Get ready for crazybeard at one of the gyms on Carson.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Out almost a month. Sitting in my hotel room in Bangkok. 8 hours of sleep a night no matter what time I go to bed. That feel when I the rest of the summer to gently caress off then start grad school in the fall on the GI Bill while getting BAH (compulsory creeping on undergrad chicks).

No IRR. Ez life. No fucks given.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
oh poo poo i'm still out.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFdX37Qpnk

I like growin my hair long, and playing in the sun, cos it doesn't remind me of being iiiiiiiiin :toot:

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still out.

I wake up every day to my framed DD-214 hanging next to my huge American flag

The flag hangs because it was a gift from my grandfather who'd been out since '54 to me when I joined, and he told me only to fly it once I got out.

Will do, grandad. RIP.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Out since Aug 20 2001 and still thank gently caress that I got out when I did.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

-Woke up after 0500 *check*
-6 days of no shaving beard *check*
-PT at my leisure, by cycling whenever I want *check*

-Not in the army *check*

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Everytime I work on another ship the sailors ask me if I miss being in the Navy.

Hahahahahahaaaaa

:420:

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
As of 30 minutes ago I am.... Not In. I feel my facial hair bristling slightly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A friend of mine is posting snapchats of tents getting set up at AT and living in what looks like the building we stayed in at KAF aka third world shithole buildings and it reminded me to post here as I stroke my beard.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol i'm not in thank gently caress

that is the best thing to remind myself of everyday

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

TBeats posted:

A friend of mine is posting snapchats of tents getting set up at AT and living in what looks like the building we stayed in at KAF aka third world shithole buildings and it reminded me to post here as I stroke my beard.

my old unit is off at AT right now too and I just send them snaps back of me in my cubicle with air conditioning

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

TBeats posted:

Somehow I think this would break my sense of place and experience. I never used deployment gear from Afghanistan like tents, showers, CHUs, etc. stateside and never used the old lovely stateside version of the gear in Afghanistan. It really was like being in two different armies.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
8 AM: Woke up this morning, quickly reached for my beard and girlfriend lying in my queen sized bed with doggo in the middle, confirmed I was still out

9 AM: Scratched beard, headed off to interviews. Met production manager of potential new job sporting fierce beard, had 10-minute interview consisting of "you do this, yes, good" with zero micromanagement or references to PMS or my 43P1. Get to walk onboard old ship and laugh at the amount of coveralls and command ball caps I'm seeing while making twice what the Navy paid, plus no tag outs ever feels good man.

10 AM Checked phone for missed calls; no text messages from Chief or LPO about securing liberty, early light offs, maintenance, or command PT. Confirmed DD2-14 still in safe, all is good in the world.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Guys I misplaced my DD-214 and can't find it, am I going to be alright?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

you have to redo your enilistment to get a new one

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MurderBot posted:

I HEARD YOU CAN PICK UP A NEW COPY OF YOUR DD-214 AT YOUR LOCAL MEPS OFFICE JUST COME ON BY WITH ALL OF YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS AND PERSONNEL FOLDER

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MurderBot posted:

I literally framed a copy.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

EAOS: 10JUN1992

Pro: I am not in.
Con: I am an old.

theAcidQueen
Nov 3, 2009

She'll tear, YOUR SOUL, apart!
Offered a job today doing not navy work at NBSD, so I get to walk around in my not NWU's or coveralls while fondly not recalling my time stuck on ships.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
It's July which means my IRR time is up for whatever it's worth. Already drank earlier today, just gonna sleep and wonder why we have to go to work tomorrow

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

just lol if you have to go to work tomorrow

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
woke up at 5:30 because the neighbor's dog was barking allllllllllllllllllllll night. super loving annoying. went over and told them that it needed to stop. walked back into my house and thought "heh, still way better than being in."

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

tastefully arranged labia posted:

just lol if you have to go to work tomorrow

gently caress you bitch

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Woof Blitzer posted:

gently caress you bitch

suck my dilz jealous ho

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fuckin four day weekend bitches

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

tastefully arranged labia posted:

suck my dilz jealous ho

Silence... I kill you

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Woof Blitzer posted:

Silence... I kill you

Just make sure your back from your break on time.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Work today? Nope

Work tomorrow? Nope

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im on paternity leave which im rolling into fmla for 3 weeks

eat poo poo everyone

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Postin' in the cool kids thread. :cool:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to work on the third and fourth but a random guest at a park I do security for gave me some free smokes and another gave me some weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013
I was at a sponsored happy hour and nobody asked for my transportation plan or family care plan and there was no formal portion or mandatory attendance and it was with people I actually want to spend time with SMDFTB

• Locked thread