Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
reinstalling Civ V atm

VI was a mistake with dilbertguy quotes as a clear sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

reinstalling Civ V atm

download vox populli imo, it improves the game alot

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just started playing chrono trigger again thanks thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

reinstalling Civ V atm

Five sucks too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Five sucks too

the only good civ is civ 2

that feeling of tension when u attack a stack and wait for the sad horns or the happy horns

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

honestly ever since i started getting into paradox games it's been real hard to go back to civ

civ 6 is alright where it's at now but i'd still resell it if i could

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Al! posted:

the only good civ is civ 2

that feeling of tension when u attack a stack and wait for the sad horns or the happy horns
I've heard 4 is good from people whose taste I trust but I don't play much Civ.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 391 days!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do something else or play better games

I just bought a bike but also bought tales of berseria, so we'll see what happens :unsmith:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've heard 4 is good from people whose taste I trust but I don't play much Civ.

4 is good. It's hard to go back to because I am a man of fickle tastes and fragile sensibilities but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

owns and the grand sense of wonder it & the (vanilla) opening cinematic instills absolutely sets the tone for the game in a way I have yet to see matched

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

just lofuckinl if you didn't mod 5's comparatively terrible menu music to be baba yetu as God Himself intended

and gently caress all of the 4 expansions for messing with it too. and gently caress 5's final expansion for changing the splash to being the drabbest grimdark brown industrial factory

(have i mentioned my fickle tastes???) (also while the above is the better version of the song, probably, the actual opening cinematic is way better)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Five sucks too

ill still play that shite even if im well shattered fam :q:

giving x-com enemy within a go again too miss my mimetic skin heavies for that schwarzenegger predator stylin upons chryssalids :hellyeah:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

journey is the best game. topic locked.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
does playing mario make kids monarchist reactionaries? the whole point of the games is to save princess peach and uphold her reign over the mushroom kingdom. what if republicanist toads and goombas tried to overthrow her? would mario leap to the monarchy's defense?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
oh yeah and everyone who plays GTA wants to take drugs and shoot cops :rolleyes:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

oh yeah and everyone who plays GTA wants to take drugs and shoot cops :rolleyes:

one day we'll find the guy who doesnt

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Tracer Tong was right

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
just found out my computer is good enough to emu persona 4 pretty much perfectly so yeah ive been playing persona 4

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a lot of people really like the whole gandhi with nukes aspect of the Civ games, but I dont. Give me Alpha Centauri any day.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

FactsAreUseless posted:

2. a necessarily-commerical product of huge amounts of collective labor. A game will never have a singular voice or vision, and anyone who says a game does is inevitably ignoring all the other people who contributed.

Cave Story was made by one dude and freely available.

efb

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Crusader Kings 2 is dope. They even have woke dlc in the form of imperialist Aztecs colonizing Europe.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Concordat posted:

Cave Story was made by one dude and freely available.

efb
Yeah there are a few but it's rare

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Although I think less so than it was 10 years ago. Interestingly, early games were often designed and programmed entirely by one person.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

MizPiz posted:

Crusader Kings 2 is dope. They even have woke dlc in the form of imperialist Aztecs colonizing Europe.

that dlc was a cool idea but it just ended up being another tedious big-number horde to fight against but for western europe

you couldn't even play as the aztecs without opening up the console wtf were they thinking

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Darkman Fanpage posted:

does playing mario make kids monarchist reactionaries? the whole point of the games is to save princess peach and uphold her reign over the mushroom kingdom. what if republicanist toads and goombas tried to overthrow her? would mario leap to the monarchy's defense?

Mario would save the monarch because he's a simpleton, but I doubt he would try to save the monarchical government itself. Such concepts are likely beyond him.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

FactsAreUseless posted:

Although I think less so than it was 10 years ago. Interestingly, early games were often designed and programmed entirely by one person.

if you're talking atari and earlier yeah. even then and beyond it was a small handful usually.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

A lot of that it just because of art. it used to be easy for one guy to make a game about general custer cumming on indians, but now, you'd have motion capture and textures and background to draw. it's a lot more work.

Zajajaja
Jan 10, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Reciever comes to mind, really great game that plays with the idea of guns as real actual guns. It's boring looking but it was like the dude who made overgrowth making the game in a week or something, loads of fun though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

A lot of that it just because of art. it used to be easy for one guy to make a game about general custer cumming on indians, but now, you'd have motion capture and textures and background to draw. it's a lot more work.
Yeah, but it would be way more fully-realized cum.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Brother Entropy posted:

that dlc was a cool idea but it just ended up being another tedious big-number horde to fight against but for western europe

you couldn't even play as the aztecs without opening up the console wtf were they thinking

You can't? I figured you could once they started colonizing. Never tried it myself.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I was enjoying the "videogames" until my foot somehow crawled over to the small power button on the bottom of my case and turned it off. I think it's a sign.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What's a good squad based tactics rpg. I've probably played most of the major ones

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Terror Sweat posted:

What's a good squad based tactics rpg. I've probably played most of the major ones

JA2 1.13

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do something else or play better games

like dr robotnik's mean bean machine

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yinlock posted:

like dr robotnik's mean bean machine
Yes. That's just Puyo Puyo, and I strongly recommend all Puyo Puyo games. The new Puyo Puyo Tetris is amazing.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was briefly in charge of a computer lab in grad school. I remember watching this nerd browsing League of Legends comics and fanfic instead of doing his work. He did this at least 2-3 times a week. I thought he was such a loser. I was never into MOBAs so it was all abstract warcraft anime bullshit to me.

Now my main game is Dota...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Frijolero posted:

I was briefly in charge of a computer lab in grad school. I remember watching this nerd browsing League of Legends comics and fanfic instead of doing his work. He did this at least 2-3 times a week. I thought he was such a loser. I was never into MOBAs so it was all abstract warcraft anime bullshit to me.

Now my main game is Dota...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

if only you could have taught him the ways of the 'Frog

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BurgerTime mother fuckers

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

trump is monotoli from earthbound: a real estate guy who becomes unspeakably evil and plots from a building named for himself. except there isn't an evil statue causing him to do evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Everyone please post in imp zone too we love games too

• Locked thread