Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I remember reading one of these years ago, part of my friend's dad's collection of a shitton of gung-ho Mack Able Force books that I raided as often as possible. All I remember is a neat scene where he's thrown overboard from some galley after it's captured by pirates and him bitching about how terrible it was to have your lungs continually fill and your eardrums continually burst from the pressure of being at the bottom of the Mediterranean for years at a time, and having to wander at the bottom of it in the dark for however many years it took to eventually find his way to shore. I think the same one had him working hard labour in some Roman mine, until someone finally asks him when he was sentenced and it turns out it's been the lifetime of several emperors.

So the time aspect was fun, but the rest probably sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

de_dust posted:

How do these books rate when compared to the Flashman books? Because those are cool as heck.

It's been a long time, but IIRC nowhere remotely near as cool as the Flashman books.

• Locked thread