Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reyasyan
Dec 25, 2009
Okay, so I’ve read the FAQ, and I understand all the reasons I don’t want to go to law school, and I have a good understanding that ranking is everything, but I’m old and still feel the need to explore this thing.

So, my question is this, if I plan to be dead long before my student loans are paid off, and I don’t want to be one of those lawyers who works at a high-power firm making tons of money, do I pick a school with the top rank for the type of law I want to practice or do I still need to go for the top overall rank?

IE: Vermont is #1 for environmental law but 130th overall, Madison is #50 overall (and my first pick) but doesn’t have an environmental law specialization, would it be better to go to Vermont or Madison if, shocker, I get the opportunity to actually pick?

Madison is my first pick because I live in WI, and I know people who work at the type of non-profit that I want to work at, but it’s really competitive and I’m not sure I will be able to beat out all the 20 somethings just finishing school with better GPA’s than mine. But, I have been told that 30 years of work experience will give me a bit of a boost when it comes to hiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread