Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

you'll end up needing price controls for everything because every non idiot business owner will raise prices to adjust for the ubi implemented

In a typical implementation UBI replaces some aspects of social security instead of coming on top of it. The main advantages of UBI over unemployment benefit are:

- simplicity
- lack of welfare traps
- being deceit-proof

Since it replaces some but not all existing welfare systems, the problems are:

- someone will lose compared to current system
- discretionary benefits (such as housing) can still create welfare traps

Why do you believe UBI is free money from heaven? Unemployment benefits and other social systems like that have existed for quite a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

I've no idea why you think Venezuelan system is UBI

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I don't have anything to add but I wanted to say Coolguye made some pretty fantastic posts there. I would love to read more of this stuff.

• Locked thread