Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Coolguye posted:

if you had UBI and you stay at home doing nothing, that is your own fault and your family would be right to harass you for it.

the opportunity UBI provides you is to develop your skills to get an actual job or to even go out and create your own job without worrying about dying of exposure or starvation in the process. there is no way anyone will be able to figure out what job suits you better than you, so a job guarantee is stupid on its face from both an economic perspective and from a personal liberty perspective.

it also allows people to work jobs they want over jobs that pay enough to live well. Hell if I had UBI I'd still be doing conservation corp work since I wouldn't have the economical sword of damicles that is a 400 a month stipend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

why for it has to be one or the other and not both?

poo poo ain't hard you get some income erry month if you want more get a job, if the markets poo poo sign up for a 6 month hitch with the NuWPA or whatever

• Locked thread