Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

anime was right posted:

there wont be enough jobs when the robots take them

yeah but then when the robots enslave us every American will have the right to a guaranteed job in the electricity mines until we die of overwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

blamegame posted:

right, a big benefit of the simplicity of gmi, besides being 'easier' is that there are fewer avenues for exploitation, racist implementation etc.

I think you mean ubi, which is "everyone gets x amount of money from the govt". Gmi is means tested and means tested programs will always find sneaky ways to exclude undesirables. Plus means tested programs tend to be unpopular among those who don't receive them so they're politically vulnerable.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Hi everyone I'm the guy who thinks a policy whose result is equivalent to a 25% increase in U.S. mean household income would lead immediately to mad max. Please take me seriously.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

rudatron posted:

mean household income will be stable because you're funding it off taxes.

My point was more that the effect of the policy is a nominal increase in income (since income is reported pretax). There's no actual change in the money supply with any redistribution which is why the inflation argument is ridiculous on its face.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I know a few basket cases who ended up pretty cool after the military forced them to socialize so yeah I agree

eh for every one of those there's three who became authoritarian shitheads post service.

• Locked thread