Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

1: Though I dont think fully automated luxury communism is possible I do think that the pace of automation is going knock down the numbers of employees in most economic sectors especially in these coming decades as we see a mad capitalist drive towards efficiency in a fully globalized world. Even without that I think that a decent of those jobs will be permanently lost until we stop being scared of the words "human enhancement" and think about maybe putting limits on AI research.
2: It's a universal benefit that should be easy to implement unless you tried to means test it or something and it's easy to understand to the average person.
3: It will probably help to keep household debt under control with a guaranteed steady income, especially if it could adjusted on the fly in response to a crisis.
4: It will make retraining and educating the population easier since you would need to work less or not at all to pursue higher or technical education.
5: Which is good because it's likely that some jobs are going to disappear and it's unfair and awful to tell people to just :dealwithit: when they spent a part of their life getting good at something.
6: Finally it will take off some burden on child rearing and might help avert a possible population crash that could wreck entire economics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

it would also let people just I dunno tinker maybe come up with some funky new things without setting up a patreon.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

ubi could probably work real good for states that do not control a global reserve currency and also really need inflation like japan

The Japanese desperately need a raise because of the insane hours they work

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Also so they can maybe stop working those hours and remember what a functional work life balance is like.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

There are real costs to bureacray and ubi mostly sidesteps them.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

rudatron posted:

Yeah, we do, but ubi is little more realistic.

This to, the simplest schemes are often just the best. It's also a harder system to defraud.

Like it's hard for me to stress how important keep it simple stupid is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

the only argument against ubi that has any traction is that bundling a patchwork quilt of social programs into one makes it easier to cut but the benefits outweigh the drawbacks imo

Says who? If everyone gets it everyone will get mad if they try to cut?

• Locked thread