Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I unironically think they oughta bring back the homestead act and the Great Depression labor corps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the best job guarantee program is compulsory military service

I know a few basket cases who ended up pretty cool after the military forced them to socialize so yeah I agree

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Streak posted:

lmao why the gently caress would you pay someone to do work that might not even be needed instead of just giving them the money at that point. like automation and technology have already reduced the amount of generalized "work" that needs to be done to keep society operating normally and this will only continue in the future. we don't need to pay people to dig holes and fill them back up for 8 hours a day, just give them the loving money and let them live a modest yet liberated life.

also, kill the rich.

There was a lot of stuff in my military job that pretty much existed just to keep me busy which was a real pain in the rear end

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

call to action posted:

What's not to love about a monthly check that barely allows you to make ends meet, simultaneously allowing the rich to halt giving even lip service to their lessers?

Bringing my government cheese to my bombed out, fracked National Park that's being destroyed by climate change sure sure SOUNDS cool but then again, i dunno

ahh, yes, the much appluaded theory of 'it's not a sure bet so let's do nothing'

• Locked thread