Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

gat drat that's a great self own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
claiming that inflation negatively impacts income is one of their disingenuous classics too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the best job guarantee program is compulsory military service

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Barbe Rouge posted:

someone else had the same experience and they ended up creating a new moral philosophy that even luminaries such as the current speaker of the house adhere to in their life

lol he also likes to think he's christian too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
also hamburger prices will skyrocket if we raise the minimum wage

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i mean apart from the fact that this is false equivalency bullshit, are we going to pretend itt that it's settled science that they do not? because heres a pretty respected labour affiliated source saying it depends

i'm going to assume this is another link to a study that undermines your own point

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Coolguye posted:

(which, for the record, i lean right)

idk man you're definitely to the left of most of Freedomland

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
off the top of my head i'd say something obvious like the price of a basket of commodities that humans require for basic subsistence

you know, like how inflation is already measured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Moose_Knuck posted:

I think the problem comes to down to the way we are throwing the terms around. In my mind, "basic life support" and cost of living are synonymous.

well they aren't. how are you this retarded

Coolguye posted:

already missing the point. the majority of UBI schemes implemented worldwide are not scheduled to do this, because 'cost of living' is a regional and local thing. UBI is supposed to keep pace with basic life support, not cost of living, which has different meanings based upon where you live, what your family situation is, etc.

GlyphGryph posted:

A UBI would not be cost of living based and for drat good reasons and I dont understand how people can not get that.

• Locked thread