Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

After watching the first part of the Cinci game a couple days ago, I really hope they make the final

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Cincinnati/Chicago will be broadcast on ESPN2.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Nationally televised game you say?

0-0 after 120', calling it now.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I'm giving up a day of work to go down to Cincinnati, so it'd better be a good game. And the Fire had better win.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Bring on Atlanta or Chicago! My tinfoil hat says there's no way we draw Miami, but I'd love that, since they're one of FC Cincy's competitors for MLS expansion.

They really aren't, Miami is Beckham Or Bust.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
In Rapids v Dallas, the stream is completely unwatchable and the dsl modem it's on is overwhelmed. This is fun. Radio broadcast is working tho.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TheBoyBlunder posted:

In Rapids v Dallas, the stream is completely unwatchable and the dsl modem it's on is overwhelmed. This is fun. Radio broadcast is working tho.

drat, it was probably just last year that you were lucky to even see illegal streams of the US Open Cup. I guess we have to be happy with what we get with the officially sanctioned streams.

What I wouldn't give for Afghani streamers to pick up USOC games.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Tigren posted:

drat, it was probably just last year that you were lucky to even see illegal streams of the US Open Cup. I guess we have to be happy with what we get with the officially sanctioned streams.

What I wouldn't give for Afghani streamers to pick up USOC games.

It's just Dallas being cheap on the stream again. Most of the time they work fine...no issues last round. Same thing happened until about 50' in Rapids at Dallas last year.

Meanwhile 1-0 Dallas as the Rapids only notable off-season signing, Nana Boateng, gives up a really *stupid* penalty and Diaz converts easily. Given that the stream isn't working and the Rapids appear to be slowly regressing to their usual standard...I'm sure I'll watch to the end. Stockholm syndrome or something kicking in.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids look like poo poo but only trail 2-1. Kinda shocking. Not too shocking Mekeil Williams is getting beaten like a rented mule tho.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Dallas has missed a dozen chances. It could definitely be worse.

I'd love to see the Rapids tie it up as punishment

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Congrats to Toronto for winning the Canadian Championship and a disappointing exit in the CCL next year!

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

the stadium is now full of rush and bryan adams as sad quebecers watch us celebrate the cup but also canada day, and heck, gently caress'em

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids trail 3-1 with minutes to spare. Thanks to their horrendous roster management, a bizarre philosophy of not carrying 30 guys, injuries, and a defender who got two yellows, they have 9 men on the pitch.

Anyone know where I can buy a gigantic wooden spoon? I just want to be ready for October when these guys finish dead last.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Rapids trail 3-1 with minutes to spare. Thanks to their horrendous roster management, a bizarre philosophy of not carrying 30 guys, injuries, and a defender who got two yellows, they have 9 men on the pitch.

Anyone know where I can buy a gigantic wooden spoon? I just want to be ready for October when these guys finish dead last.

Look at this guy complaining about only having 9 men on the field. Come back when it's at 7. :colbert:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Azerban posted:

the stadium is now full of rush and bryan adams as sad quebecers watch us celebrate the cup but also canada day, and heck, gently caress'em

That sounds nice, congrats

E: just saw the highlights, exciting stuff

trem_two fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 28, 2017

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Look at this guy complaining about only having 9 men on the field. Come back when it's at 7. :colbert:

Good point. Kind of wish the meltdown had kept going now. "How bad can this get? Can it become a truly epic collapse instead of just typical Rapids?" Shame there's still half the season left and the Rapids will likely be doormats.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's been bumped up to ESPN!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Hello Towel posted:

It's been bumped up to ESPN!

I really really hope Cincy pulls off the upset today, because I want them to host the final at some point.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
are YOU guys HYPED for SOME loving SOCCY

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Boston, I am in you.

This game isn't gonna be good, so who's gonna suck more

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

New England had a brilliant chance not even 4 minutes in, DC's best defender is once again #69 Goal Post.

e: And NE apparently thinks that forwards should be allowed to hang out next to the goal by themselves

binge crotching fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 29, 2017

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
teal bunbury is so loving BAD I cannot believe this guy is still on this team

however, diego fagundez is fabulous

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I still can't believe ESPN is airing Chicago-Cincy

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

my boy diego on the free kick!!!! :siren:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
has anyone said FC Shitcinnati

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

binge crotching posted:

I really really hope Cincy pulls off the upset today, because I want them to host the final at some point.

Why is soccer so insanely popular in Cincy?

I find it cool, but it's the most unusual thing. Like there were bars and shops devoted to the team.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
gently caress

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what in the gently caress is going on with these streams? the NE-DC stream just repeated the last 3 minutes of the first half, then replayed the entire halftime segment, and now it's jumped into the 52nd minute and the Revs are up 2-1. I didn't even get to see the loving goal. who thought this was a good idea?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Atlanta are losing to Miami FC in the 2nd half

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Vamos lower league teams

Cincinnati are definitely gonna lose though

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

FuzzySkinner posted:

Why is soccer so insanely popular in Cincy?

I find it cool, but it's the most unusual thing. Like there were bars and shops devoted to the team.

Our youth soccer divisions are probably some the biggest in the whole country.... Like seriously it's crazy how many kids play soccer, and have for like the last 20-30 years... And now those kids are grown up and they have instilled it into their kids and they have the money to buy the tickets and go....

I can go into all the soccer teams who have failed in Cincinnati and it really comes down to one thing. Money... All the previous owners were frugal or just didnt have the money needed... And FC Cincinnati has Lindner... That inflow of cash makes everything

Go Kings, Go Saints, Go loving FC CINCY

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Also Cincinnati is probably going to lose, but as it has been said, we are playing with house money... This is going to end up being a sold out game 30k+ attendance for a weekday non final game with a MLB game going on at the same time with a BLM protest happening at the game.... I have only seen positive reviews of tonights game so far and every person I know in cincinnati is either there, watching on espn, or posting on twitter... This is amazing :D

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

How do you muff a free header so bad.

Just how.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
POKU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

MIAMI loving SCORESSSSSSSSS

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
https://twitter.com/fccincinnati/status/880237411535605760

9000 in miami too which is their best attendance since the inaugural game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

JIMMY!
JIMMY!
JIMMY!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
These Cincinnati players love to roll around in the grass

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

paddyboat posted:

These Cincinnati players love to roll around in the grass

haha yeah gently caress elbows to heads.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/charliehatch_/status/880239008072257537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

fyallm posted:

haha yeah gently caress elbows to heads.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/charliehatch_/status/880239008072257537

did Twellman melt down about a concussion, I must have missed it

• Locked thread