Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This is not Alice. (It's Sana.)

This isn't Alice either. (It's Sanae.)

Nor are these two Alice. (It's Asahi and Yonaga.)

These three guys are obviously not Alice. (It's Uryuu, Kouichi, and Cleo.)

Not even the last three characters on the official site are Alice?! (It's Shizuku, Noriko, and Minnie C.)

However this handsome elderly man is Zouroku! (It's not Zokurou!)

But still no Alice, what the hell guys.

That aside, this anime is about people who have suddenly gained special powers called "Dreams of Alice", which allows them to summon "cards", instances of specific kinds of reality-bending. Every wielder can only command one kind of card, except for Sana, she can do anything. As long as she's powered up on delicious food.

What you'll get is some cute slice-of-life, and a bunch of decent action and intrigue. The cute parts are the best. And please don't mind the car chases in episode 1. They were hilariously bad.

Available on Crunchyroll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Alice and zorak

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I'm liking the show so far, and I'm curious as to how dark the show is willing to go. Kinda like with Flip Flappers, I'd be just as happy if it stayed slice of life-y as if it went down the more plot-heavy path. The former is probably easier to pull off, while the latter would definitely be more interesting, albeit easier to completely botch.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The double-length first episode did not do the show any favors, but it really picked up after that.

I'm enjoying the not-Stand powers, Zoroko is a cool ojisan, and I hope the show doesn't get too dark. Episode 4 was reasonable but about as far as I'd like it to go.

Very surprise that the evil org was literally dismantled 5 episodes in. I wonder what the new antagonist will be.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Do the lip sync issues continue after episode 1? I stopped after that unbearable car chase that both looked terrible and had tons of continuity errors in it.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Well that wasn't a new episode, that was just a clip show summary wrapped in a bit of voice actor interview.

At least they confirmed that yes, a wholly different arc is starting next.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This show is really cute.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This latest episode is even more cute and heartwarming. I feel all warm and fuzzy after that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't think I can name another show that wraps up the evil organization arc first, then does the cute slice of life.

I hope the end of the show is anything other than them coming back for round two.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I hope its them coming back for round two, failing immediately and then have all the kids do cute slice of life.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Sana was especially adorable this episode.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just watched the first episode. Cool old guy and spacey girl antics seem promising. It's too bad he ditched the classic Mini though.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Whatever the ending I hope creepy arm woman doesn't show up again. So boring.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Sana's pouting face was very strong this episode. So was her sweatshirt that just says "WHAT."

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This show is cute and good!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
this is a cute and funny and thoughtful show and we need more like this willing to espouse a philosophy of kindness and openness

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Phobophilia posted:

this is a cute and funny and thoughtful show and we need more like this willing to espouse a philosophy of kindness and openness

It makes me feel stuff and now I realize I have *daddy issues* so there's that.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Snickers and Carl's Jr must have paid some big bucks.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This is your weekly reminder to be careful with your freaky godlike powers.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Also Hatori and Ayu totally didn't need to pay for those crepes. They're very responsible evil witches.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I feel like something bad is going to happen soon and this cute and good show will end up making me sad. :ohdear:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we've already seen sana's future self, and she turned out okay.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
I didn't really consider that. Guess I'm just paranoid.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It seems like their abilities counter Sana's for some reason. Between this and the occasional errors, I expect things to get weird soon.

I wonder why Sana actually seems a bit weaker than she did at first.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Empathy is hard. Responsibility is hard. The line between good and bad is hard.

That episode was way more tense than I expected. Whoever's in charge of the writing is extremely competent.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Seems like certain witches need the magic of a scolding grandpa. :3:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder why Sana actually seems a bit weaker than she did at first.

Turns out she was actually a nazarite.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Really intriguing powers at play here, but I'm mostly just glad that cool kids Asahi and Yonaga still have roles.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Best scene of the episode. Glad to get confirmation that the twins have the same personality and just adopt different personas to not confuse people

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I wonder how many Snickers bars it took to make a pocket dimension. Smug Sana is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

StandardVC10 posted:

I wonder how many Snickers bars it took to make a pocket dimension. Smug Sana is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

from what I can gather from the show so far doing stuff in the pocket dimension she has is easy for her, it's materializing things from that dimension for her that wear her out.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

L-O-N posted:

Best scene of the episode. Glad to get confirmation that the twins have the same personality and just adopt different personas to not confuse people
Wait, what? :catstare:

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Poil posted:

Wait, what? :catstare:

In Episode 7, when the Twins' backstory is shown and we see them talking to the caretaker guy, they were always talking in sync. When he asks them who is the older and who is the younger, we see them do the equivalent of rock paper scissors,

Only then does Asahi say "Then I'm the older sister" and Yonaga say "I'm the younger sister, Hinagiri Yonaga", both now with distinct personalities.

In this episode, we see after the bath that Yonaga changed to an assertive persona and Asahi adopted a careful one. Basically they switched personas. They didn't notice until after Sana called them out on it

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

L-O-N posted:

In Episode 7, when the Twins' backstory is shown and we see them talking to the caretaker guy, they were always talking in sync. When he asks them who is the older and who is the younger, we see them do the equivalent of rock paper scissors,

Only then does Asahi say "Then I'm the older sister" and Yonaga say "I'm the younger sister, Hinagiri Yonaga", both now with distinct personalities.

In this episode, we see after the bath that Yonaga changed to an assertive persona and Asahi adopted a careful one. Basically they switched personas. They didn't notice until after Sana called them out on it

That's a really cool little detail. I never tried to tell them apart since it isn't necessary for the story. I wonder if they even know which is which.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
their magic flower things are distinct even if their personalities are not.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oops. I hope Sana learns to deal with human emotions. It must be really confusing to live that way.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This episode had some fun bits between all the suffering. Zouroku's powers of Old Man Scolding are going to save everyone and it's going to be great.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
moshamosha

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Grandpa in Wonderland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying