Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sindai posted:

This show is really good now.

It's always been really good! I'd love a second season, but I'm anticipating something tragic in the next ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sindai posted:

This show is really good now.

I liked the first half, but yeah this second arc has really been singing. This is probably my favorite show of the season.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
The most amusing part for me is how conditioned I am from years of anime, I keep expecting the gory plot twist and keep getting a sickeningly sweet sci-fi\fantasy coming of age instead.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kibibit posted:

The most amusing part for me is how conditioned I am from years of anime, I keep expecting the gory plot twist and keep getting a sickeningly sweet sci-fi\fantasy coming of age instead.

It's probably coming next episode. One of those error blobs landed on the windowsill.

Oh poo poo this is a manga as well? I may have to read it. Oh it's still running! Neat!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

It's probably coming next episode. One of those error blobs landed on the windowsill.

Oh poo poo this is a manga as well? I may have to read it. Oh it's still running! Neat!

lol like a compacted flaw in a sentient pocket universe would ever stand a chance against zoroku's lectures.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I can't believe Ichijo is dead

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Spiritus Nox posted:

I liked the first half, but yeah this second arc has really been singing. This is probably my favorite show of the season.

Yeah, :same:. It got off to a bit of a rocky start (3d-cg-car.gif), but it's been really good ever since the first arc ended.

My favorite part of this episode was, weirdly enough, the two assistants being super stoked about getting to run the store for a couple of days.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

Do you want Ceruleans?
Because that's how you get Ceruleans.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

If the next episode doesn't end with Zoroku giving a lecture to all of Wonderland I will be severely disappointed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

serefin99 posted:

If the next episode doesn't end with Zoroku giving a lecture to all of Wonderland I will be severely disappointed.

Zoroku becomes a cosmically huge being and gives all of Wonderland a massive noogie like he does with Sana to make her behave.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

/a/ is talking poo poo about our threads again:

quote:

I bet no one on /a/ right now even remembers ADTRW

quote:

But ADTRW is still there, in case you want to pay 10 bucks to discuss entry level shounenshit with normalfags. Their Alice and Zouroku megathread is 40 posts long to give some perspective.
Were we once prosperous and I never saw it?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Thanks for the 4-chan update.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

I've been here 4 years and a half and can say with all certainty that we're adequate.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Grouchio posted:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
shut up grouchio

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Chiming in to reminisce.

First arc ending with "And then the police arrested the bad guys and the evil organization was dismantled!!" was the most enjoyable bait-and-switch I've ever seen. Ichijo was fun to watch in action but I'm glad it made way for ~magical girls talk about their feelings~

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
And it's done. I really liked the Hatori arc.

I wonder if Sana still has her powers now?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ending was a bit abrupt, but still good. Too bad about Ichijou not getting to actually do anything terribly important in this arc but at least she finally let her girlfriend get a hug at the end.

This wound up being my AOTS, unless WorldEnd just goes out on an incredible note. The first arc was a little uneven, but the highs were still pretty high, and I liked Hataru's arc a whole lot. Reminded me of a pre-pubescent version of Flip Flappers in a number of ways. I'd probably give the show as a whole a high B or a low A.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

My favorite part of the episode was the imposing button making a cute little squeak and sending up fireworks.

I doubt this show will get a second season, but it makes me want to read the manga, so I think it succeeded.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

When I saw the red button, all I could think about was that prank a Brazilian television station did in a park where they set up a big red button with a sign that said, "Do not push". Of course, people pushed it and everyone in the park fell down.

I don't see a need for a second season. Seems it's all wrapped up. I think these last few episodes were really good for establishing Sana's new life and getting her some real friends.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Eh, I wouldn't mind getting more someday, though this ending was final enough. Might check out the manga when it gets licensed.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Spiritus Nox posted:

Eh, I wouldn't mind getting more someday, though this ending was final enough. Might check out the manga when it gets licensed.

You're in luck. The first volume ships next month.
I don't know if the manga goes on longer, but I'll be happy to support it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HellCopter posted:

You're in luck. The first volume ships next month.
I don't know if the manga goes on longer, but I'll be happy to support it.

I'd like to say I've heard that there's more to it than the anime adapted, but I haven't looked into it that closely yet.

ebacho
Oct 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'd like to say I've heard that there's more to it than the anime adapted, but I haven't looked into it that closely yet.

There are 8 volumes and the anime finished through volume 5. Apparently the Blu-rays haven't sold well so I doubt there's going to be a S2 even if there was material to support it.

ebacho fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 26, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ebacho posted:

There are 8 volumes and the anime finished through volume 5. Apparently the Blu-rays haven't sold well so I doubt there's going to be a S2 even if there was material to support it.
A lot of times, if a show helps the manga / novels / game increase its sales, a second season is still doable.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

This show was a real gem.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

serefin99 posted:

Okay so it didn't end this way but the fact Zoroku actually gave Wonderland a lecture is amazing. God I'm gonna miss that old bastard.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Got sidetracked by other things, but finally got around to watch the final two episodes. The part with Harori and Sana talking in the huge mansion was really neat, the day Hatori was changing positions and moving around in the huge chair.

Also

serefin99 posted:

Okay so it didn't end this way but the fact Zoroku actually gave Wonderland a lecture is amazing. God I'm gonna miss that old bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

The manga arrived today and reminded me that in his first scene Zouroku reprimands a yakuza boss.

I take it the Japanese fandom got more mileage out of the fact Zouroku's VA also voices Solid Snake?

• Locked thread