Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:
Problem description:
The user profile servive failed the logon
User profile cannot be loaded

Attempted fixes:
Reboot and relogging in did nothing the problem persisted
I followed method 1 in the following link
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947215/you-receive-a-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-error-message

Recent changes:
Nothing

Operating system:
Windows Vista home premium

System specs:
HP Pavillion Dv5 notebook
TDuo 9400 2.53GHz
3gb ram
32 bit os
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes But i am wondering if it is needed to follow step 2 and 3 of the above fix, or if im logged in with step 1 im good to go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
So it's working now after you did Method 1 on that page? First, back up any files that are important to you to another device, as this is a major warning sign the system is dying. Once that's complete, check the health of the harddrive by running Crystal Disk Info (standard edition portable doesn't have anime or ads). If it shows Caution or Bad, your harddrive is dying and that is why this happened. You could replace the drive, but given the age of the system you could likely find a much better computer used for the price of a replacement drive. If that looks good, run the Windows Memory Diagnostic by going to Start, Search, Memory. Similarly, if it finds problems its likely time to replace the system.

• Locked thread