Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUMANOID ORGANISM
Apr 1, 2017

100% AUTHENTIC
CARBON RICH STRUCTURE

B.H. Facials posted:

I just flip my balisong. :dukedog:

I read this as "I just flip my ballsack."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I don't even see how you can fidget with it, like the ones with buttons and poo poo to press makes sense at least.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
This kinda poo poo is disgusting to me. It's a decadent celebration of weakness and stupidity. This kinda poo poo is going to destroy our civilization, and if this is the kinda poo poo that is produced by our civ, maybe it should be destroyed.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

This kinda poo poo is disgusting to me. It's a decadent celebration of weakness and stupidity. This kinda poo poo is going to destroy our civilization, and if this is the kinda poo poo that is produced by our civ, maybe it should be destroyed.

YEAH!!!!!

*pays cookie clicker for 10 hours*

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I focus way better when I've got something to fidget with while doing so and a lot of people agree so rip

I have one at the office and it's so good. Don't knock it till u try it op

Risky
May 18, 2003

Was in 7-11 last night when a dad and son came in asking about fidget spinners and the poor guy behind the counter was like we sold out. They left disappointed and he tells me he constantly gets calls asking for them that it's driving him insane.

The dad's kid looked like drooling idiot too.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Here is my secret get rich quick idea you guys can steal because I honestly can't be hosed to do it

While the market is so hot set up a supply chain where you can print your company logo onto a spinner for a nominal fee

If you really want to get bill gates rich fit a USB stick on it somewhere and I guarantee you every tech company on the face of the earth will order about a million on them

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
its because ball bearings are cool and not really something most people are aware they exist. like its one of those things that isn't really used directly by anyone but skateboarders and most people dont really pay attention to how things work so you just put some lovely abec 1 bearings in some plastic toy and let it spin indefinitely and people will think its incredible and new because it breaks their assumptions of the laws of the universe

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 8, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm glad kids still get to go experience the disappointment of having schools ban a popular harmless plaything because the teachers are giant tools who suck at their jobs, it's an important part of developing a healthy distrust of authority and disgust for middle management.

It's not a real fad until there's some bullshit urban legend about it totally killing or horribly injuring a child, though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nigga crab pollock posted:

its because ball bearings are cool and not really something most people are aware they exist. like its one of those things that isn't really used directly by anyone but skateboarders and most people dont really pay attention to how things work so you just put some lovely abec 1 bearings in some plastic toy and let it spin indefinitely and people will think its incredible and new because it breaks their assumptions of the laws of the universe

i still have my push scooter and gently caress if there will anything less than abec 5s in that baby

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
razor scooters taught me some fine lessons in applied torque and top speed

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
You could always just put your hand in your pocket and play with your balls. Or someone else's pocket if you have no balls.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
soon to be replaced by the ever-popular Airhorn-in-My-Pocket

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pick posted:

i still have my push scooter and gently caress if there will anything less than abec 5s in that baby

Just lol if you think higher abec numbers means better

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Guy Mann posted:

I'm glad kids still get to go experience the disappointment of having schools ban a popular harmless plaything because the teachers are giant tools who suck at their jobs, it's an important part of developing a healthy distrust of authority and disgust for middle management.

somebody never got his pogs back

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
What ever happened to just biting your nails?

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Guy Mann posted:

It's not a real fad until there's some bullshit urban legend about it totally killing or horribly injuring a child, though.

Banning toys in class makes sense to me. Not entirely sure why that makes teachers bad.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

poopnanners posted:

Banning toys in class makes sense to me. Not entirely sure why that makes teachers bad.

Yeah great but in my experience they don't even ban toys "in class" they just ban whatever popular thing the kids are into because of (insert dumb reason here). POGs were banned because they "promoted gambling" or some dumb poo poo like that, not because we were taking them to class and throwing them around the room.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Yeah great but in my experience they don't even ban toys "in class" they just ban whatever popular thing the kids are into because of (insert dumb reason here). POGs were banned because they "promoted gambling" or some dumb poo poo like that, not because we were taking them to class and throwing them around the room.

You'll understand if you ever have kids.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
What happens when you vape cloud it

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
POGs were pretty much my first real experience with gambling to be fair

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://youtu.be/mP-tqMKqDAQ

At least this guy made his own.

E: https://youtu.be/C68rbRCivZ4

Jesus Christ, these reviews are loving killing me.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 8, 2017

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
The kendama fad was obnoxious as hell because it was noisy, the people take up a lot of space to catch their balls, and they were 15-25 years old wearing Japanese children's toys around their necks in public.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
People that feel the need to fidget all the time need 48-72 hours of restraint in a pitch black room.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Haier posted:

The kendama fad was obnoxious as hell because it was noisy, the people take up a lot of space to catch their balls, and they were 15-25 years old wearing Japanese children's toys around their necks in public.

Speaking of Kendama makers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOGuO6RoX8Y

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which spinner is the best for under 10 dollars? I want to jump on this fad but I need to min/max and have the best one.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Xaris posted:

lmao if you buy $10 fidget spinners like some kind of cheap skate poor, get on my level nooblets

http://www.torqbar.com/products

$170

:smug:
https://www.revolvemakers.com/shop/bathgate-artifact-spinner

note the availability

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I looked up the lady who "invented" these and apparently her patent expired in 2005 -- not recently. And it was just a frisbee with a dent in the middle that let you spin it on your finger:
https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/016/503/416/9020f5e0d964e1d767cbc09470e219c0_h264_high.mp4

So I'm pretty sure her patent wouldn't have applied to the things described in this thread. There's no ball bearings, it's held a different way, serves a different purpose, and is basically different in every way except the fact that it spins.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
It's a toy for children and people with the mind of children. I thought about buying one of the cubes, but then realized, I'm an adult, and would be way more satisfied playing with loose change. It'd be cheeper too.

e: I think about all the hours I wasted playing with change as a child. Why the hell wasn't I playing with the toys my parents bought me.

Johnny-on-the-Spot fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 8, 2017

Jake Mustache
Feb 7, 2017
Schools are banning them left and right due to them promoting autism.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jake Mustache posted:

what

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Just lol if you don't lust for our death with every fiber of your being, already.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Probably a joke post, friend.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jake Mustache posted:

That is probably for the best. You have to keep the children safe.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Batterypowered7 posted:

Probably a joke post, friend.

Autism is no joke, pal.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

nigga crab pollock posted:

Where do you live that ball bearings are not something everyone knows about??

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

King Vidiot posted:

they banned them because kids are annoying little bastards with p much anything and then they made up a reason because they're also argumentative

there, welcome to the adult world

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Guy Mann posted:

some dumbass kid broke her tooth with one

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
We're actually all born with fidget toys just play with your balls, clit, nipples, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Amarcarts posted:

We're actually all born with fidget toys just play with your balls, clit, nipples, etc.

But we can't do that in public without looking like a jackass... oh wait fidget toys also make you look like a jackass.

• Locked thread