Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
If you need toys to keep your broken brain from flipping out, then you really shouldn't make it a point of pride for yourself if you get mad because Chad the neurotypical is playing with a fidget spinner too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

First they used our fidget spinners and I said nothing, then they were wearing our purple top hats...

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Neurotypicals using fidget spinners is just as bad as able-bodied people using wheelchairs

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Fuckin sluts going for the vapid bros with their plain fidget spinners. If they'd give me a chance, they'd realize my Sonic the Hedgehog fidget spinners are better.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The kids! Those goddamn Minecraft-playing, fidget-spinning, dabbing kids! :argh:

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Putty posted:

What's ablism

Fidgeting with your 6 pack.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Appropriation of the rich tapestry of neurodivergent culture.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
All children toys should require a prescription

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eventually the autristics will take over the world.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
KIDSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

except yeah they are unironically awful

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I had "adhd" because my classes were mind numbingly boring and they taught to the lowest common denominator, coincidentally when I was offered a chance to take college classes instead of highschool ones my diagnosis disappeared. I have a feeling a lot of the kids who have too much energy in class are simply at the point where they understood the concept being discussed the first time and now have 50 minutes to burn while the teacher repeats themselves 100 times.

I could see playing with a spinner thingy back then I guess, instead I mostly just fidgeted with my pencils.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My 11 year old cousin and all his friends play Minecraft, have these fidget spinners, dab, and another dumb fad: wear Under Armour everything with shorts and high knee socks with Under Armour flip flops to school every day. They all are poo poo, like all kids. YOUTHS!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

ArbitraryC posted:

I had "adhd" because my classes were mind numbingly boring and they taught to the lowest common denominator, coincidentally when I was offered a chance to take college classes instead of highschool ones my diagnosis disappeared. I have a feeling a lot of the kids who have too much energy in class are simply at the point where they understood the concept being discussed the first time and now have 50 minutes to burn while the teacher repeats themselves 100 times.

I could see playing with a spinner thingy back then I guess, instead I mostly just fidgeted with my pencils.

While in school, I always wondered if I had ADD/ADHD or whatever, but in reality I simply wasn't interested in this poo poo and I've got a pretty wonderful amount of "gently caress You" anti-authority in me.

Somehow I hold a decent job.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

did yall not, like, fiddle with your pens and poo poo in class all day anyway

maybe i had adhd

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I pretended my pencils were really lame action figures and had them fight each other.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9TmVMX0rc8

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
What happened to putting the tip of your pencil through the tiny hole on your ruler and pretending it was a helicopter?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

it would've taken me like ten minutes to get bored, absentmindedly disassemble it to look at the ball bearings, start hoarding a pocket full of them and then lose them all over the floor. there is no way these things are equipped for actual add kids

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When I got bored in school I just tended to nod off, but then I guess I'm from a time before ADHD.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
How do these things keep anyone's attention for more than a couple of minutes? The only thing I can think of that might be interesting to a school kid is seeing if it hurts more when you start the thing spinning before lobbing it at someone's head.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

chumbler posted:

When I got bored in school I just tended to nod off, but then I guess I'm from a time before ADHD.
check ur privilege you wasp

not everyone has the privilege of not devolving into a fat furry mlp monster with matching sonic the hedgehog tshirt, shoes, and lunchbox twitching around like a crackhead while edc-ing 10 different $200 spinners on each finger at every moment

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Xaris posted:

check ur privilege you wasp

not everyone has the privilege of not devolving into a fat furry mlp monster with matching sonic the hedgehog tshirt, shoes, and lunchbox twitching around like a crackhead while edc-ing 10 different $200 spinners on each finger at every moment

What is edc-ing? That's a new one to me.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

chumbler posted:

What is edc-ing? That's a new one to me.

It means to carry around every day

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sunswipe posted:

How do these things keep anyone's attention for more than a couple of minutes? The only thing I can think of that might be interesting to a school kid is seeing if it hurts more when you start the thing spinning before lobbing it at someone's head.

it would take more than a couple minutes to sharpen its edges to a razor point

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
On Around The Horn today Pablo Torre is complaining about the kids these days and their fidget spinners

Back in my day we didn't need these, just learn to spin a pen!

He probably reads this forum since he chose now to be the time to rant about it

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

So, who wants to create a fidget spinner/e-cig vape pen with me?

That idea could make a poo poo ton of money.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

it would take more than a couple minutes to sharpen its edges to a razor point

Prisoners and schoolkids both have a lot of time on their hands and nothing better to do. If it can be turned into a weapon, it will be.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

For those confused "nod off" is British slang for masturbation.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
if biting/picking my fingernails was good enough for my daddy and grandaddy then goddammit its good enough for me too

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
if you do bite your fingernails make sure not to eat them afterwards they can poke you on the inside and cause bad infections

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Fuckin sluts going for the vapid bros with their plain fidget spinners. If they'd give me a chance, they'd realize my Sonic the Hedgehog fidget spinners are better.

gotta fidget fast!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Neurotypicals using fidget spinners is just as bad as able-bodied people using wheelchairs

What about skinny people using rascal scooters?

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Huh, so this is what it feels like to become a Republican..

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Some people think they get to decide what words mean and what things are for, and this is the source of much suffering and woe and also of much merriment.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Aside from impulse purchases at gas stations has anyone in this thread bought a ball bearing spinner? There's got to more then the weird "new yoyo" craze to this.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Like someone said, better to see kids playing with these than zombified out staring at a tablet. Early 90's kid remembers the snap bracelet. The ones that didn't slice their wrists on the razor sharp metal band under the cloth.
Kids these days will just be using it in addition to their tablets and phones. It's one more screen on a heap of screens for them to enjoy. No way it is one or the other. They'll have the tablet with one of those tower defense games going, the phone on their side and chatting, Netflix on the TV, and Tamagotchi crying at them. LMAO, what a poo poo life.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

At the end there is an advertisement for their hydraulic press mobile video game.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

when the gently caress did you grow up. like the only things that happened in the years I was a kid were tamagotchis, beanie babies, Magic cards, and pogs, I don't remember an era of auto maintenance or campfire building or whatever coming before or since

Yeah pogs, slap bracelets, koosh balls. Magic cards and tamagotchis were around there or a little after. All those things have use. A fidget spinner does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Yeah pogs, slap bracelets, koosh balls. Magic cards and tamagotchis were around there or a little after. All those things have use. A fidget spinner does not.

oh come on, i'm sure you could stack fidget spinners on top of each other and slam the gently caress out of them with your really fat fidget spinner

• Locked thread