Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i have very strong opinions about this, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I asked my friend who is a teacher if this poo poo was real (I mean what do you loving do with it once you spin it a couple times), all it did was cause five minutes of rage at these drat kids and their ball bearing distractions from their coursework

:wow:

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 10, 2017

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I bought my son one yesterday. He got it to spin on his nose for 20 seconds. Pretty cool.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Or? Or, the thing that the neurodivergent kid needs has suddenly become fun and cool, and by extension the kid with the need for a fidget is cool, less scary, and the typically developing children are less afraid/more accepting of the kid who can suddenly show off all their cool spinner tricks. :unsmith:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I don't know what the gently caress this thing is but I do like stupid pointless crap so might buy one if I ever see it in a shop.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

mds2 posted:

I bought my son one yesterday. He got it to spin on his nose for 20 seconds. Pretty cool.

Sorry about your autistic seal son

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Wooden yo-yos seems more legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alAtUNaxtPs

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

mds2 posted:

It's gonna wobble off his nose and spin right into his fuckin' eye.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Be very careful everyone. A fidget spinner that is spun up at half speed had 200x as much force as a fully loaded Amtrak train.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
lol when did this become a thing and why? It looks like the kind of thing that would be subject to a grade school fad, like pogs were back in the day.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

One of those is a spring loaded guillotine ?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

That Robot posted:

lol when did this become a thing and why? It looks like the kind of thing that would be subject to a grade school fad, like pogs were back in the day.

That is exactly what it is. Slap bracelets of the 21st century.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
please don't call slap bracelets a fad

*slap*

*slap*

*slap*

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure I still have all my pogs

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
i sold all my pogs to buy drugs

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

pentyne posted:

Aside from impulse purchases at gas stations has anyone in this thread bought a ball bearing spinner? There's got to more then the weird "new yoyo" craze to this.

I am not autistic so I cannot comment

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Who needs a toy when you can just drop acid to cure your autism.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I read a national geographic about it once

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I just discovered some fidget spinners have a button that you can push down on to make it spin, which is much cooler than just the free spinning ones, but still pointless. For some reason though, I can't help to think about pumping this button to make one spin as fast as I can.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I too have a suitcase of onaholes.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

realbez posted:

I'm pretty sure I still have all my pogs

me too, but then I didn't have that many because I was a poor

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I wish I had mine because mine were loving awesome. I'd win 90% of the time because I had a rubber bigfoot slammer, which let me take the pogs I wanted, and also had a tube of lower tier pogs that I would trade for better pogs.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I wish I had mine because mine were loving awesome. I'd win 90% of the time because I had a rubber bigfoot slammer, which let me take the pogs I wanted, and also had a tube of lower tier pogs that I would trade for better pogs.

I had the simpsons pogs including the one with milhouse holding an alf pog.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I just discovered some fidget spinners have a button that you can push down on to make it spin, which is much cooler than just the free spinning ones, but still pointless. For some reason though, I can't help to think about pumping this button to make one spin as fast as I can.

Oh no, you've caught it. Now you're going to buy one, but it'll be totally ironically.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Batterypowered7 posted:

Oh no, you've caught it. Now you're going to buy one, but it'll be totally ironically.

To be safe, I'll pretend it's ironic.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I always feel left out cause pogs never caught on when I was in elementary school. People have all these memories of pog poo poo and making someone cry by taking theirs that I never got to experience. :smith:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

unpacked robinhood posted:

One of those is a spring loaded guillotine ?

Dude doesn't know about finger boxes :rolleyes:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I always feel left out cause pogs never caught on when I was in elementary school. People have all these memories of pog poo poo and making someone cry by taking theirs that I never got to experience. :smith:

As a young goon, you probably would have been the one crying.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DrPlump posted:

I had the simpsons pogs including the one with milhouse holding an alf pog.

i had OJ Simpson in the Slammer. it had a clever double meaning

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

when i was growing up we were slammin pogs and yellin "whomp there it is" and had wallets that said "can't touch this!" with a picture of mc hammer on them

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey, macarena!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dely Apple posted:

I asked my friend who is a teacher if this poo poo was real (I mean what do you loving do with it once you spin it a couple times), all it did was cause five minutes of rage at these drat kids and their ball bearing distractions from their coursework

:wow:

Your friend is wasting his life.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Coconut gross

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rutibex posted:

i had OJ Simpson in the Slammer. it had a clever double meaning

I think if you ever find that one again, it'll act as a portal back to the mid 90's

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Batterypowered7 posted:

As a young goon, you probably would have been the one crying.

I'm not gonna deny that. But I never got those tears!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Ahh fingerbox.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Man, these new Grom-Jabbars are getting complicated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
My only real problem with these fidget toys are they remind me of a character in a book I read. He stole a bullet from his step-dad and would carry it in his pocket and rub it when ever he got anxious. At first he would fantasize about fighting against terrorist who would take over the school, but by the end of the book he was fantasizing about shooting up the school himself.

Recently, I discovered my grandmother has a tick that's causing her her to rip out her hair. Maybe I'll buy her a fidget cube to keep her hands busy, since I don't want her to hurt herself with a spinner.

• Locked thread