Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
in my day we had god drat hulk hogan meat shoes and we were happy w them not this dumb fingerboard human being poo poo ps im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I unironically have one of these and enjoy spinning it while on conference calls, etc. same with the plastic fidget cube thing. I don't understand the fetishization but it happens with just about every internet community.

I fidget constantly, totally oblivious to it. These actually help me focus unironically (I also have ADHD and don't like taking the meds for it after like noon.)

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

My only real problem with these fidget toys are they remind me of a character in a book I read. He stole a bullet from his step-dad and would carry it in his pocket and rub it when ever he got anxious. At first he would fantasize about fighting against terrorist who would take over the school, but by the end of the book he was fantasizing about shooting up the school himself.

Recently, I discovered my grandmother has a tick that's causing her her to rip out her hair. Maybe I'll buy her a fidget cube to keep her hands busy, since I don't want her to hurt herself with a spinner.
How does that work with one bullet? Does he show it to the terrorists and say "My step-dad has guns at home! If you don't leave, I'll go home and get one!"

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Menstrual Show posted:

I unironically have one of these and enjoy spinning it while on conference calls, etc. same with the plastic fidget cube thing. I don't understand the fetishization but it happens with just about every internet community.

I fidget constantly, totally oblivious to it. These actually help me focus unironically (I also have ADHD and don't like taking the meds for it after like noon.)

Check your privilege you were one of the trainables

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Sunswipe posted:

How does that work with one bullet? Does he show it to the terrorists and say "My step-dad has guns at home! If you don't leave, I'll go home and get one!"

He wouldn't use his baby blanket bullet. His fantasies revolved around crawling in the air ducts and getting the drop on the terrorists. It was never even explained why he wasn't tied up with the rest of the hostages in the scenario. I prefer your interpretation much more. Also I seem to remember the bullet he stole was kept for suicidal purposes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So they're just modern tops? Is that it?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Menstrual Show posted:

I unironically have one of these and enjoy spinning it while on conference calls, etc.

Same but one of these:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

My son was all about these things. I bought him one and I have never seen him use it. I'm afraid he is too dull to be into fads.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

My son was all about these things. I bought him one and I have never seen him use it. I'm afraid he is too dull to be into fads.

To teach, you have to show them how to do it.

Look at orangutans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFzqqaBA9wQ

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Tim Whatley posted:

My 11 year old cousin and all his friends play Minecraft, have these fidget spinners, dab, and another dumb fad: wear Under Armour everything with shorts and high knee socks with Under Armour flip flops to school every day. They all are poo poo, like all kids. YOUTHS!

Wtf this sounds awful

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

My only real problem with these fidget toys are they remind me of a character in a book I read. He stole a bullet from his step-dad and would carry it in his pocket and rub it when ever he got anxious. At first he would fantasize about fighting against terrorist who would take over the school, but by the end of the book he was fantasizing about shooting up the school himself.

Recently, I discovered my grandmother has a tick that's causing her her to rip out her hair. Maybe I'll buy her a fidget cube to keep her hands busy, since I don't want her to hurt herself with a spinner.

i, too, immediately make the connection between fidgeting with dumb poo poo in your pockets and school shootings

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Robo Reagan posted:

i, too, immediately make the connection between fidgeting with dumb poo poo in your pockets and school shootings

Lol if you dont immediately look for any reason to think of horrible tragedies

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

he'll fit right in on SA once he fails to do anything with his life

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Lol if you dont immediately look for any reason to think of horrible tragedies

Yeah I mean your posting immediately made me think of your posting.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah I mean your posting immediately made me think of your posting.

Now your on the right track

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

We Know Catheters posted:

You don't care enough to know the difference between patent and patient.

This is true, thanks for catching that!

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Jerry Cotton posted:

Same but one of these:

someone make a small, modernized version of this thing and rake in the big bucks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pitdragon posted:

someone make a small, modernized version of this thing and rake in the big bucks

Like, that is small and modern?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pitdragon posted:

i would make each block out of a different precision machined exotic metal

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Here is my wallet.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

Uranium

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Do it ironically posted:

in my day we had god drat hulk hogan meat shoes and we were happy w them not this dumb fingerboard human being poo poo ps im gay

My boyfriend has a picture of him meeting Hulk Hogan in an airport while wearing a giant shirt and JNCO pants.

It's the most 90s thing I have ever seen.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

when you need to fidget, just open up a paperclip and then roll it into a ball like a normal person

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i guess dumb toys are better than putting the whole world on adhd medication :shrug:

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

When I have excess energy I just slam my fingers in my car door over and over again.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
How about some handcrafted artisanal fidget spinners made out of dried exotic meats? Call them Meat Spinners.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
... that rot away after a couple weeks so you have to stay subscribed to the Meat Spinner weekly mystery box specials!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Mozi posted:

... that rot away after a couple weeks so you have to stay subscribed to the Meat Spinner weekly mystery box specials!

??? You eat them after they go rotten

Dumbass

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

Metals of different densities, so each one weighs the same as the others but they're all different sizes. Should sell to the people who backed that Kickstarter to buy $33 of tungsten for $209.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
What is this

Why is there a reddit for it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Get-Out posted:

What is this

Why is there a reddit for it

i see in this pic two of the $400+ spinners that were linked in this thread. lol

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Meat Spinners: The only food you spin to eat!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If Meat Spinners will fit in Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes, we can bring classic SA to a whole new generation.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Hulk Hogan Meat Spinners

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't remember who said they wanted a shuriken one, but...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tim Whatley posted:

My 11 year old cousin and all his friends play Minecraft, have these fidget spinners, dab, and another dumb fad: wear Under Armour everything with shorts and high knee socks with Under Armour flip flops to school every day. They all are poo poo, like all kids. YOUTHS!

man kids getting into :420: early these days, I wish I was that cool

I really want one of those fidget cube things because I am a notorious pen-chewer etc., but it annoys me that the company that actually designed them and got the design Kickstarted hasn't even shipped the initial batch, but there's a billion Chinese knockoffs flooding the market and they're all supposedly really poo poo quality.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Old Man Yells At Top

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly