Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

lmao if you buy $10 fidget spinners like some kind of cheap skate poor, get on my level nooblets

http://www.torqbar.com/products

$170

Some high quality leather nerdcases itl (in this link)

:wow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7leq3vn8P3A

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Dennis System posted:

Back in my day, we made our own "fidget spinners" by learning to spin a pen or pencil around your thumb while in class. The difference is that our "spinners" took SKILL to master.

:clint:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Oh look a thread about these spinners that are kinda fun to play with and cost like 5 bucks. I bet OP is gonna be childishly angry at them in true goon fashion aaaand there we go.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Show us a penguin indeed :q:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

What's the appeal of these things supposed to be?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

turn off the TV posted:

What's the appeal of these things supposed to be?

They give overactive kids something to fidget with

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Fidget spinners are hilarious too because the women who invented them was dirt poor and couldn't afford to defend or re-new the patent and then when it expired other companies just swooped in to steal it.

Capitalism at work people! The most effective way to determine who is smart and who is poor.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Toadvine posted:

They give overactive kids something to fidget with

I have ADHD and still don't get it. I fidget even if I'm doing something with my hands.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Drone_Fragger posted:

Fidget spinners are hilarious too because the women who invented them was dirt poor and couldn't afford to defend or re-new the patent and then when it expired other companies just swooped in to steal it.

Capitalism at work people! The most effective way to determine who is smart and who is poor.

Ahahahaha yeah and then even poorer people undercut the big companies selling them and you can get them factory direct for a fraction of the price that sure showed those poors!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

turn off the TV posted:

I have ADHD and still don't get it. I fidget even if I'm doing something with my hands.

I dunno man pick one up and see if it makes you feel anything ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The spectrum kid I babysit has a fidget cube which has different tactile responses (which he's always craving) and the spinner might just be a way to channel his abundant energy into something he can literally control.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Lol if a Bop-It isn't part of your EDC

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
omg it spins

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

The lady who invented this lives in Florida, she could not afford to renew the patient this year and major manufacturers said gently caress you and started mass producing them when the patient expired..

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

Oh look a thread about these spinners that are kinda fun to play with and cost like 5 bucks. I bet OP is gonna be childishly angry at them in true goon fashion aaaand there we go.

I'm loving furious. I'm going to loving shoot you

BIG DICK BOBBY
Mar 24, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hosed a midget once but it had nothing to do with spinning. Swear my cock was as tall as she was though!!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Back in my day we spun pencils and pens and we liked it

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Madness posted:

The lady who invented this lives in Florida, she could not afford to renew the patient this year and major manufacturers said gently caress you and started mass producing them when the patient expired..

Who cares

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

I do

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

You don't care enough to know the difference between patent and patient.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
where do you buy a spinner fidget

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

EX250 Type R posted:

where do you buy a spinner fidget

http://www.torqbar.com/products

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Lol at needing to fight instead of just zoning out, staring at nothing or just watching YouTube videos at work all day lmfao

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Rutibex posted:

thats last months fidget toy, get with the times gramps now its all about MOONDROP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA1iCq3tOuM

Goddamn watching that makes me want to slap those out of his hand straight into the garbage.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
It is pretty impressive to see these spinners in kids hands instead of smartphones

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Madness posted:

Why didn't she just have a manufacturer make them for her, even for an unfair cut which would still be a lot of money for her, or sell the patent, instead of literally doing nothing with the patent.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

emoji posted:

Why didn't she just have a manufacturer make them for her, even for an unfair cut which would still be a lot of money for her, or sell the patent, instead of literally doing nothing with the patent.

The whole thing was just another 3D printer boondoggle, sounds like she has sour grapes about not capitalising on it when she had the chance.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Spin your fidget thing a few more times it'll be ok

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
My tism queller is a switchblade

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Bobcats posted:

My tism queller is a switchblade

a fidget device i can respect

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Drone_Fragger, the only way he can get hard is when poor people have a very slim chance of escaping the crushing despair of poverty but then get hosed over by the cold emotionless whims of capitalism.

BIG DICK BOBBY
Mar 24, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

King Vidiot posted:

Drone_Fragger, the only way he can get hard is when poor people have a very slim chance of escaping the crushing despair of poverty but then get hosed over by the cold emotionless whims of capitalism.

You're such a huge pussy it's hard to believe I've never hosed you

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

BIG DICK BOBBY posted:

You're such a huge pussy it's hard to believe I've never hosed you

you have never hosed anyone

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm not laughing at five dollar toys, I'm laughing at nearly identical ones that cost thirty times that price.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

emoji posted:

She couldn't afford to rent that Jennifer Lawrence movie.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

Are there ninja star versions yet? Those would be pretty cool.

Just lol if you aren't rocking a batarang.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Goddamn watching that makes me want to slap those out of his hand straight into the garbage.

"Sciencers"

No.

Just loving no.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Madness posted:

This sounds like a case where the breakthrough in popularity happened purely because it became free game for manufacturers.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Parents are actually getting these things written into IEPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

B.H. Facials posted:

Yomega yo-yos, brains and fireballs. Then there was the fabled silver bullet.

tech decks / finger boards...

I give it six months

• Locked thread