Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So is there actually a difference between NINJA SHURIKEN and spinners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Jerry Cotton posted:

So is there actually a difference between NINJA SHURIKEN and spinners?

One is a stupid trinket for nerds and the other is a throwing star.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

fidget spinners are the new mark of the beast as all good christian fidgeters already know the power of a set of rosary beads :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Batterypowered7 posted:

One is a stupid trinket for nerds and the other is a throwing star.

Now if I only knew which is which :(

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Jerry Cotton posted:

Now if I only knew which is which :(

PM me the answer when you find out

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

it just keeps getting more and more abstract

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

I'm sorry.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
My coworker bought some for $5 at the drug store ironically, but now we play with them unironically.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

GigaPeon posted:

My coworker bought some for $5 at the drug store ironically, but now we play with them unironically.

Hows your autism going?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GigaPeon posted:

What do you do with them? Not being sarcastic, honestly wondering if there's anything more to this than making a bit of plastic/metal spin round your finger.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

What do you do with them? Not being sarcastic, honestly wondering if there's anything more to this than making a bit of plastic/metal spin round your finger.

You ever bounce your leg up and down or tap your fingers on a table absentmindedly? I imagine it's like doing that, except you spin the thing.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Bought one to qualify for free shipping and save some money.

I think I have autism now

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Bip Roberts posted:

We need to teach all the badly autistic kids the revolver ocelot routine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQ2mflwnEU

Catastrophe posted:

Here's one certain to upset or amuse a few of you. Tell me this isn't the most Ed Hardy, douchey possible extreme way to cash in on this fidget-spinner fad:

It's a Steel Spin "Ring Spin Flame" made out of a superconductor material. The little buttons in the middle you hold on to are made of a bunch of skulls. The sides of it have different macho words like "RESPECT" and "HONOR" because people will respect and honor you showing them this pile of turds.

And it gets worse! They put it up for sale and it sold for $8000.

It's basically the d-bag fidget spinner version of this Montegrappa Chaos pen:

Except that pen costs $65,000. I hate this earth.

I hate that there seem to be so many people who are terrible with money, but still have so much of it that they can buy stuff like this on a whim.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Batterypowered7 posted:

You ever bounce your leg up and down or tap your fingers on a table absentmindedly? I imagine it's like doing that, except you spin the thing.

Yeah, and I've often twirled a keyring or something round my finger, but I've never bought something just to do that with. Maybe there's something wrong with me mentally that's not letting me understand, but I can't get my head around buying something that's only purpose is to be spun round your finger.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just pick at the calluses on my thumbs like a normal person.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

no fad will ever be as awful as

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Blazing Zero posted:

i guess dumb toys are better than putting the whole world on adhd medication :shrug:

ADHD is a description of a behavior meaning using the internet too much leads to having to buy a chinese ball bearing or opening your cell phone every five minutes

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

I mean christ, if you have to play with something your balls are RIGHT THERE.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

This thread made me Google "silver bullet toy" and you people were hosed up as kids.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just chainsmoke cigarettes OP

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheMostFrench posted:

I hate that there seem to be so many people who are terrible with money, but still have so much of it that they can buy stuff like this on a whim.

actually they are very good with money, and they now have so much money that crap like this is a impulse buy to them. i dont know if that makes you feel better about it

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Kelp Me! posted:

man kids getting into :420: early these days, I wish I was that cool

I really want one of those fidget cube things because I am a notorious pen-chewer etc., but it annoys me that the company that actually designed them and got the design Kickstarted hasn't even shipped the initial batch, but there's a billion Chinese knockoffs flooding the market and they're all supposedly really poo poo quality.

Chewing on a fidget cube would probably incur some big dental bills. You can might stick with pens.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
When I got angsty in school and needed to keep myself centered I'd just pick one of the twitchy fidget kids and bully them.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
My $300 Ball Bearing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

"Aimed at CEOs and presidents." :laffo:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Luxury. Executive. Spinners.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shithouse Dave posted:

no fad will ever be as awful as

What is this

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Previa_fun posted:

spinners are for low tier employees. this is the toy of a CEO

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Previa_fun posted:

Well duh, it's >$100!!!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Romes128 posted:

What is this

these are chatter rings. you spin the big ring to make the little rings spin and make a godawful metallic racket. they were big in nz when slap bracelets were around. imagine 30 shrieking kids in a playground all making a godawful metallic racket at once.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Rutibex posted:

actually they are very good with money, and they now have so much money that crap like this is a impulse buy to them. i dont know if that makes you feel better about it

Cooking and selling meth to other trailer trash who are slightly too dumb to cook it themselves doesn't make you good with money. Spending your entire Gamestop paycheck on a single metal autistic child's toy doesn't make you good with money.

I guarantee those are the only two types of people buying $400 fidget toys shaped like skulls and shurikens, manchildren and drug dealers.

Huh... well. Also lol "bespoke spinners". I only buy the finest artisinal spinners from my bespoke spinsmith.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 14, 2017

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

King Vidiot posted:

Cooking and selling meth to other trailer trash who are slightly too dumb to cook it themselves doesn't make you good with money. Spending your entire Gamestop paycheck on a single metal autistic child's toy doesn't make you good with money.

I guarantee those are the only two types of people buying $400 fidget toys shaped like skulls and shurikens, manchildren and drug dealers.

Huh... well. Also lol "bespoke spinners". I only buy the finest artisinal spinners from my bespoke spinsmith.

I simply refuse to believe anyone would use bespoke unironically.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Just lol of you aren't spinning custom Hattori Hanzo steel at every waking moment.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

Robo Reagan posted:

i, too, immediately make the connection between fidgeting with dumb poo poo in your pockets and school shootings

He could handle the swirlies, indian burns, and cruel nicknames, so long as he had his spinner. But when his bullies took it away, he knew he had to do. Prequel to the hit movie "The Accountant." Coming to theaters this summer.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just loving lol if you actually think these beyblades are for "autism therapy"

They're somatic crap for four-eyed wonky little emperors and I can't wait until they get replaced by another loving phone game

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I give it another year before they dump millions of unsold fidget spinners in landfills around the world

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Luxury executive spinners.

:ussr:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fidget spinners were invented to stop Palestinian kids from throwing rocks at Israelis

http://www.jta.org/2017/05/08/arts-entertainment/fidget-spinner-inventor-was-motivated-to-stop-palestinians-from-throwing-rocks-at-israelis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButteryNoodles
Jul 18, 2006
Deliciously satisfactory.

COMRADES posted:

Luxury executive spinners.

:ussr:

"Bespoke" luxury executive spinners, sir!

• Locked thread