Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
The kendama fad was obnoxious as hell because it was noisy, the people take up a lot of space to catch their balls, and they were 15-25 years old wearing Japanese children's toys around their necks in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I used to want one so much back in 6th grade when kids in school were getting them. They were like $15-20 or something, and that was too much for me when I spent my meager allowance on SNES game rentals every Friday. I would consider buying one for my friend's kid, but she has a phone, so her attention span is like 4 seconds.

Googling showed me that they came out with Tamagotchi M!x last year, and it's full-color and has currency to buy poo poo and looks like a total pain in the rear end that needs your full attention.

I don't know how this would compete with phones and apps, but Japan...

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Like someone said, better to see kids playing with these than zombified out staring at a tablet. Early 90's kid remembers the snap bracelet. The ones that didn't slice their wrists on the razor sharp metal band under the cloth.
Kids these days will just be using it in addition to their tablets and phones. It's one more screen on a heap of screens for them to enjoy. No way it is one or the other. They'll have the tablet with one of those tower defense games going, the phone on their side and chatting, Netflix on the TV, and Tamagotchi crying at them. LMAO, what a poo poo life.

• Locked thread