Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Here's one certain to upset or amuse a few of you. Tell me this isn't the most Ed Hardy, douchey possible extreme way to cash in on this fidget-spinner fad:

It's a Steel Spin "Ring Spin Flame" made out of a superconductor material. The little buttons in the middle you hold on to are made of a bunch of skulls. The sides of it have different macho words like "RESPECT" and "HONOR" because people will respect and honor you showing them this pile of turds.

And it gets worse! They put it up for sale and it sold for $8000.

It's basically the d-bag fidget spinner version of this Montegrappa Chaos pen:

Except that pen costs $65,000. I hate this earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Serious post in a joke thread.

I've honestly purchased 8 different fidget spinners. From the cheap aluminum Chinese ripoffs to the Vorso Flat Top (yes, a 37 year old adult who hasn't yet been hospitalized for debilitating mental illness spent $200 on a ball bearing with a bit of copper around it. i'm sorry). As someone diagnosed with severe anxiety causing depression, these idiotic spinning things provide a strange, slight tactile distraction away from whatever is currently stressing me out. I don't know why. The Vorso spinner is absolutely ludicrously priced and anyone who argues against that fact is as stupid as I was for purchasing one. I still love it but that pricing is cringe-worthy. My easy favorite is the the Spinetic Y but even THAT is a crazy $37.

Checking this silly fad out was an experiment in attempting to ease my daily anxiety. The amount invested in the name of exploration was unnecessary and excessive. In hindsight, maybe just buy a 3/4" ball bearing for $0.15 and fiddle with it if you need a tactile distraction to play with if you feel the need. Learn from my mistakes.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Wait, is this what kids are like these days? I'm in my 30s and getting married in a few months and the possibility of kids happening is real.

Are they taught it's ok to be a dumpy, rude, combative, lazy, whiner 24/7 now or what? How has his mom not fidget-spun his head off of his neck and dumped the remains into a trash can by now?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

You're already spouting kids these days, you're gunna be a great elderly man in your 40s

I'm simultaneously 37 and 73 already. It's pretty sweet, IMO. I get to make fun of kids these days AND old(er) people because both those groups suck and I'm not them... yet.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 29, 2017

• Locked thread