Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011
Didn't surprise me at all to see that my friend, who is under a *hands-off, chill out* policy with his hard-cucking quasi-ex-but-he's-hopeful-girlfriend got into these things ("she just uses tinder to make friends").

What happened to the value of cultivating a calm, even bearing? These things are like flashing neon signs that say, "I live in a permanent state of distress", and have yet to meet one person who doesn't deserve the implications of the whole fad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

People always seem to forget that a part of strong stoicism is minding your own business and not whining about things that have literally no impact or effect on you.

Stoicism isn't social disengagement or quietism though, especially insofar as it was derived from practices of governance :)

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Fuckin sluts going for the vapid bros with their plain fidget spinners. If they'd give me a chance, they'd realize my Sonic the Hedgehog fidget spinners are better.

gotta fidget fast!

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Some people think they get to decide what words mean and what things are for, and this is the source of much suffering and woe and also of much merriment.

• Locked thread