Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
It's a toy for children and people with the mind of children. I thought about buying one of the cubes, but then realized, I'm an adult, and would be way more satisfied playing with loose change. It'd be cheeper too.

e: I think about all the hours I wasted playing with change as a child. Why the hell wasn't I playing with the toys my parents bought me.

Johnny-on-the-Spot fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Amarcarts posted:

We're actually all born with fidget toys just play with your balls, clit, nipples, etc.

But we can't do that in public without looking like a jackass... oh wait fidget toys also make you look like a jackass.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
My only real problem with these fidget toys are they remind me of a character in a book I read. He stole a bullet from his step-dad and would carry it in his pocket and rub it when ever he got anxious. At first he would fantasize about fighting against terrorist who would take over the school, but by the end of the book he was fantasizing about shooting up the school himself.

Recently, I discovered my grandmother has a tick that's causing her her to rip out her hair. Maybe I'll buy her a fidget cube to keep her hands busy, since I don't want her to hurt herself with a spinner.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Sunswipe posted:

How does that work with one bullet? Does he show it to the terrorists and say "My step-dad has guns at home! If you don't leave, I'll go home and get one!"

He wouldn't use his baby blanket bullet. His fantasies revolved around crawling in the air ducts and getting the drop on the terrorists. It was never even explained why he wasn't tied up with the rest of the hostages in the scenario. I prefer your interpretation much more. Also I seem to remember the bullet he stole was kept for suicidal purposes.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Robo Reagan posted:

i, too, immediately make the connection between fidgeting with dumb poo poo in your pockets and school shootings

He could handle the swirlies, indian burns, and cruel nicknames, so long as he had his spinner. But when his bullies took it away, he knew he had to do. Prequel to the hit movie "The Accountant." Coming to theaters this summer.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you

Catastrophe posted:

Serious post in a joke thread.

I've honestly purchased 8 different fidget spinners. From the cheap aluminum Chinese ripoffs to the Vorso Flat Top (yes, a 37 year old adult who hasn't yet been hospitalized for debilitating mental illness spent $200 on a ball bearing with a bit of copper around it. i'm sorry). As someone diagnosed with severe anxiety causing depression, these idiotic spinning things provide a strange, slight tactile distraction away from whatever is currently stressing me out. I don't know why. The Vorso spinner is absolutely ludicrously priced and anyone who argues against that fact is as stupid as I was for purchasing one. I still love it but that pricing is cringe-worthy. My easy favorite is the the Spinetic Y but even THAT is a crazy $37.

Checking this silly fad out was an experiment in attempting to ease my daily anxiety. The amount invested in the name of exploration was unnecessary and excessive. In hindsight, maybe just buy a 3/4" ball bearing for $0.15 and fiddle with it if you need a tactile distraction to play with if you feel the need. Learn from my mistakes.

If it works for you, good on you. I have actually bought a fidget cube, to give to my grandma later today as one of her mothersday gifts. I hope it helps her out, and she doesn't get confused why her new remote control won't turn on her tee-vee. I'm gonna tell her it's the new big fad, and now she can be one of the kewl grandmas.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
When Trump asked for the nuclear football, his assistance handed him a small plastic cube covered in buttons. He immediately became anxious with the responsibility that was placed in his hands. He placed the cube in his desk drawer carefully, as not to activate any of the buttons. Later when he came back to retrieve it, after a particularly nasty tweet, he discovered it was missing. He went into full panic mode and began tossing his office. After he left his office he found his young son playing with the cube. Right before his boy could press any of the buttons he snatched the cube from his son's hands and began berating him. The boy stood in front of his father sobbing, and the president felt an immense shame. He gave the cube back to the boy and warned him he must never press any of the buttons or else their could be "yuge" repercussions. Trump then entered his office, began cleaning it up, relaxed as he knew the button was in better hands.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
At first, I was prolly pissed at the idea of fidget spinners. Then I was mearly apathetic to them. Now after taking my new job, and making money off them, I love them. Everyone line up for your blue tooth enabled fidget spinner. I have no idea how that work, or if they even designed to ever work, and I don't have to, but I know some idiot will buy them.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
So, I got a fidget spinner from my boss today. He asked me if I wanted to be a child, and I responded yes in the goofiest voice I could muster. How are these thing suppose to help you concentrate. I can barely stop playing with it. Unfortunately it's not a blue tooth, but it does light up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

the door for you
I've shown my fidget spinner to my cats. Most of them seem scared of it, but one of them actually plays with it. I need to make a stand for it so he'll actually be able to spin it, and I'll have taught the cat yet another trick he can do for my amusement.

• Locked thread