Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

Are there ninja star versions yet? Those would be pretty cool.

Just lol if you aren't rocking a batarang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
How do these things keep anyone's attention for more than a couple of minutes? The only thing I can think of that might be interesting to a school kid is seeing if it hurts more when you start the thing spinning before lobbing it at someone's head.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

it would take more than a couple minutes to sharpen its edges to a razor point

Prisoners and schoolkids both have a lot of time on their hands and nothing better to do. If it can be turned into a weapon, it will be.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

My only real problem with these fidget toys are they remind me of a character in a book I read. He stole a bullet from his step-dad and would carry it in his pocket and rub it when ever he got anxious. At first he would fantasize about fighting against terrorist who would take over the school, but by the end of the book he was fantasizing about shooting up the school himself.

Recently, I discovered my grandmother has a tick that's causing her her to rip out her hair. Maybe I'll buy her a fidget cube to keep her hands busy, since I don't want her to hurt herself with a spinner.
How does that work with one bullet? Does he show it to the terrorists and say "My step-dad has guns at home! If you don't leave, I'll go home and get one!"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

i would make each block out of a different precision machined exotic metal

Metals of different densities, so each one weighs the same as the others but they're all different sizes. Should sell to the people who backed that Kickstarter to buy $33 of tungsten for $209.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If Meat Spinners will fit in Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes, we can bring classic SA to a whole new generation.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can't remember who said they wanted a shuriken one, but...

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GigaPeon posted:

My coworker bought some for $5 at the drug store ironically, but now we play with them unironically.

What do you do with them? Not being sarcastic, honestly wondering if there's anything more to this than making a bit of plastic/metal spin round your finger.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Batterypowered7 posted:

You ever bounce your leg up and down or tap your fingers on a table absentmindedly? I imagine it's like doing that, except you spin the thing.

Yeah, and I've often twirled a keyring or something round my finger, but I've never bought something just to do that with. Maybe there's something wrong with me mentally that's not letting me understand, but I can't get my head around buying something that's only purpose is to be spun round your finger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think I want one of these. Better book in for my autism test.

• Locked thread