Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34N52Ib3irk

So apparently Tiberian Sons, a rock/metal cover band known for doing a bunch of really good C&C covers alongside Frank Klepacki on the Tiberian Dawn/Red Alert remaster soundtrack, is releasing a Anthems of Liberation, album with Ace Combat covers.
There's a bunch of more songs up on their YT channel as well.

Their rendition of Dual Wielder is really good too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThS0bFlZ94

drat, their Farbanti AC4 cover is BALLER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snlakkj4aNM

That's probably my favorite Ace Combat track though, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's top tier for sure, and one of the best in the 4 OST effortlessly.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

zero is still my favorite track from the series, but all ace combat songs are great.

the mission briefing music from ac04 plays in my brain very often.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

that's great and all but where's the remastered ps2 trilogy goddammit :argh:

For real, I am dying to play zero again. Those random live cutscenes and that round table guitar, I NEED IT.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Edit I only just now saw this post ignore me

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXc3bUw8A6o

AC7 is coming to the Switch.
And there's apparently a Deluxe version of the game coming out as well, presumably with all the DLC.

Tythas fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 18, 2024

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
That's a drat good trailer.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alacron posted:

That's a drat good trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0hfksxSstk

Here's the English trailer as well.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Graphics actually look good!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Ace Combat: The Strangereal Collection

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

Graphics actually look good!

I mean, we had the Automata port not long ago, and the Doom port before that. It's possible to get a lot out of the Switch despite the specs. It just takes more work for the results.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Switch is fine powerwise, graphics fancier than what the PS3 or 360 can do are unneeded

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
AC7 is also just an insanely well optimized game too, so I have no doubt that the Switch can handle it, especially seeing as how Project ACES has had a five year lead time to get it even more optimized for the Switch.

E: Watching the trailer in full screen really makes the graphical downgrade for the Switch more apparent, but it's still like playing the game on low-to-mid settings on PC which still looks drat good. And you don't really buy third party games on Nintendo consoles for their graphics anyway :v:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 18, 2024

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol

They should have the VR missions in there for people who have the Labo goggles

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Aren’t they held up by the plane rights not being licensed with digital distribution in mind? IIRC that was the reason they could be given away as pre-order bonuses but not sold.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The Skies Restored mod is out! Brings a whole bunch of cut dialogue into the game, plus a whole bunch of other non-gameplay small tweaks and additions. Apart from one jarring line in mission 1 that lacks the radio filters - probably to indicate that it's Clown talking directly to Trigger - I can't tell what else is sourced from cut content. Also adds in nametags for friendly aircraft and all ships.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1748366529970733331?s=20

A handy diagram of what the Deluxe edition includes. Obviously no Top Gun.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I've been playing Project Wingman almost exclusively in VR and holy cow is it awesome. I've heard people that do sim racing talk about how much better your situational awareness is and it's hard to overstate how true this is. Really makes me wish Ace Combat 7 had more than just a few missions I can't play on PC. Also that I had a better headset than an OG Oculus Rift.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_8DxdDfQA

Oh poo poo, it finally came out.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

It's been out for a while?

https://thetiberiansons.bandcamp.com/album/anthems-of-liberation

The full album was out 1st December, including Liberation of Gracemeria

Paingod556 fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 20, 2024

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I meant the Liberation of Gracemaria version. :v:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Cat Hatter posted:

I've been playing Project Wingman almost exclusively in VR and holy cow is it awesome. I've heard people that do sim racing talk about how much better your situational awareness is and it's hard to overstate how true this is. Really makes me wish Ace Combat 7 had more than just a few missions I can't play on PC. Also that I had a better headset than an OG Oculus Rift.

It's incredible how much faster I can go in VR on GT7. I really hope AC8 has a VR mode because even though it's not a Sim being able to turn your head and feel the G's would rule.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I decided to continue my replay of Wingman this weekend and, for the first time ever, rolled the PW.1 out of the garage with the AOA Limiter (and a mod to make it two-seats).

Jesus this is disgusting. Crimson Squadron didn't even last long enough for Dip to have his breakdown. This is anime protagonist levels of busted. Plane games were not meant to have the player 360 no scope fools.

(The most advanced plane I'd used previously in PW was the F-14, because if it didn't have two seats it didn't exist.)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hope you lads who haven't seen a good plane flick since Top Gun are going to go out and see Fighter. Shameless Bollywood Top Gun knock off, but it's a hell of a lot of fun although incredibly jingoistic. The final plane duel could've been taken straight out of Zero, and I'm sure there's some out there wanting to see some F-16 get torched by Sukhois
Remember to support your local theatres.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

Hope you lads who haven't seen a good plane flick since Top Gun are going to go out and see Fighter. Shameless Bollywood Top Gun knock off, but it's a hell of a lot of fun although incredibly jingoistic. The final plane duel could've been taken straight out of Zero, and I'm sure there's some out there wanting to see some F-16 get torched by Sukhois
Remember to support your local theatres.

Please tell me there's going to be a musical number with planes in formation with acrobatics and poo poo

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

If there's no shirtless sportsball, no sale :colbert:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Negostrike posted:

Please tell me there's going to be a musical number with planes in formation with acrobatics and poo poo

Not so much but they did turn the bar scene from Maverick into a massive dance number.

Paingod556 posted:

If there's no shirtless sportsball, no sale :colbert:
That got turned into a snowball fight because they are stationed in the mountains of Kashmir, there are however two separate beach dance scenes. And the film keeps plenty of the homoerotic tension between the pilots.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=973Ct2AC3EA

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

So I've been through the entire campaign a half dozen times and have every plane in conquest mode unlocked and goddamn this is so much better than ac7 on sexbox. It's amazing how much better the experience is without all the constant psm bullshit from enemies. Like some aces do it occasionally, but it's not every turn all the time and you can just mg them down or nail them from long range with the nosferatu's cluster missiles. I think the weapon capacities are even more forgiving than in ac7. I don't know that I've ever run out of anything after unlocking anything more advanced than the f14

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Stravag posted:

So I've been through the entire campaign a half dozen times and have every plane in conquest mode unlocked and goddamn this is so much better than ac7 on sexbox. It's amazing how much better the experience is without all the constant psm bullshit from enemies. Like some aces do it occasionally, but it's not every turn all the time and you can just mg them down or nail them from long range with the nosferatu's cluster missiles. I think the weapon capacities are even more forgiving than in ac7. I don't know that I've ever run out of anything after unlocking anything more advanced than the f14

even better is that you get a dedicated PSM button instead of flares for some planes, so if they do that bullshit then you just do it back at them without relying on some arcane madness to trigger it

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i feel like the crimson randos are way more egregious about PSMing every time you get a missile lock than anything in AC7?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Reiterpallasch posted:

i feel like the crimson randos are way more egregious about PSMing every time you get a missile lock than anything in AC7?

They do it a lot, but the fact that in PW you can also do it on a 2-second push-button cooldown means you can actually give that same treatment back. Mercenary Cold War was amazing for that, since even on max difficulty you can be doing anime plane bullshit and flipping 180 to catch Crimson goons and flatten them after they pull their own bullshit while it is on cooldown.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

lmao some lunatic made a mod for PW that turns every plane into a two seater by altering the meshes, textures, and lighting of every single seater aircraft. god bless prez simps

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You can make every plane into a two seater by putting Prez in your lap

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Waffleman_ posted:

You can make every plane into a two seater by putting Prez in your lap

Amour Combat

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

https://www.nexusmods.com/acecombat7skiesunknown/mods/2479

PSA for anyone still playing and modding the PC version of Ace Combat 7: the last few unreleased special planes created by Project ACES for Ace Combat X and Xi have finally been modded in Ace Combat 7. So that's the XFA-24A Apalis, the YR-99 Forneus, the YRB-89, the YR-302 Fregata, and the XR-45 Cariburn.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

For April Fools, Falcon's Fighter Tales uploaded a video on Stonehenge. Which is odd to call an April Fools joke considering he's done multiple videos/streams where he plays Ace Combat games and Project Wingman outside April Fools and on his main channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8f4bSIb-6Q

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kitfox88 posted:

lmao some lunatic made a mod for PW that turns every plane into a two seater by altering the meshes, textures, and lighting of every single seater aircraft. god bless prez simps

well it's not like the PW dev guy is doing it

bless them indeed

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Looks like Nine Gear Crow got ban, he’s coming back right?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Back Hack posted:

Looks like Nine Gear Crow got ban, he’s coming back right?

There’s a two week probe there as well they have to wait out first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He's privated his YouTube channel so I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I guess we'll find out when AC8 gets announced. :shrug: