Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Well okay that'll result in a better more solid game, focus on the good, focus on the good..

quote:

Dear Ace Combatants,

I wanted to take this opportunity to speak directly to you, our loyal ACE COMBAT fans, and give you a first-hand update on the launch timing for ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN. The Project ACES team and I have been working hard on ACE COMBAT 7 and we’re determined to achieve the vision we have set for the game. In order to reach that vision, we have decided to move the launch of ACE COMBAT 7 to 2018.

We would have loved to launch ACE COMBAT 7 at the end of 2017 as we originally intended, but doing so would compromise our goal for the game. We take our art very seriously and that means we have instead chosen to devote additional time and effort to perfect and optimize this newest chapter of the ACE COMBAT saga.

The combination of the Unreal 4 Engine and the power of current generation consoles and PC hardware have literally opened the “skies of opportunity” to us to develop the best ACE COMBAT experience to-date. At no other time in ACE COMBAT’s 20+ year history has gaming technology allowed us to deliver the minute details of flight combat - such as cloud cover and air currents – or give players a new way to experience dogfights and attack sorties through hardware such as the new PlayStation VR.

We’ll have a lot more information and details to share with you in the coming months, starting at E3 2017 where we plan to reveal a brand-new demo showcasing one of the non-VR missions in ACE COMBAT 7 for the first time ever!

On behalf of the entire Project ACES team, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Kazutoki Kono – ACE COMBAT Franchise Director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Now I'll definitely have time to build a really strong VR capable computer to make the most of this.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Project Wingman has a new alpha out today, if anyone's interested.

It's only got one mission and one playable plane so far (Su-27, if you care) but it's actually.... pretty dang good? Like, it's a shameless, shameless Ace Combat ripoff, but hey, if Project Aces isn't bringing good Ace Combat to PC for a year then a shameless ripoff is what we need right now.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
I had downloaded the previous alpha and played like 30 seconds of it before I realized I would have to spend more time than I had available at that moment reworking all the controller bindings, but I've seen a lot of gameplay of it and holy CRAP IT IS GORGEOUS. Like...if that's just one guy, I almost feel bad for the hard drive space Vector Thrust is taking up.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I know a bunch of people who were involved in providing voice acting for Vector Thrust. They still haven't gotten paid for their work.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Why am I not surprised

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

After the letdown that was Assault Horizon, and following my enjoyment of 6 as my entry into the series, my body is ready for th--

quote:

we have decided to move the launch of ACE COMBAT 7 to 2018.

... well poo poo.

DFM in AH just felt, I don't know, too heavily scripted and on-rails but the helicopter missions were a welcome new addition and I'd be down with an entirely helicopter-focused game in that vein like some sort of modernised Desert Strike reboot.

I will also never not like anime titties on my plane. :colbert:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
just a few days more to E3, then hopefully we get some new gameplay footage :pray:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Minrad posted:

just a few days more to E3, then hopefully we get some new gameplay footage :pray:

We will, there's a new demo and it sounds like a showfloor one for visitors, lucky scenario has them releasing it online after E3 for a delay-excuse.

e: Neil Blomenkamp's Studio Oats should try for an Ace Combat series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgF0C-yWID4

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 6, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

e: Neil Blomenkamp's Studio Oats should try for an Ace Combat series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgF0C-yWID4

At that point even Ace Combat is telling you to take it down a notch.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
We got ourselves a new E3 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHVAlEU3UQ

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Kestrel II!
Sunken Farbanti!
Stonehenge!

Strangereal is back, baby. That crate-crater-Stonehenge-jet engine transition was loving sweet.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Kestrel II :allears:

Willing to put money on it being a super weapon.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008
Looks like there might be a Kessler cascade.

That's not going to go over well with everyone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Atlatl posted:

It had a lot of problems but I really liked AH's music and also it let me do a QTE for a cheesy 80's thumbs up ending, which is the only appropriate use of QTE in any game. :shrug:

I liked the real world setting a lot more than whatever AC6's was. It's the only game I've seen that has the bad guy's motivation call into account the US killing civilians (his backstory is that in a bombing run that went offcourse we murdered his family and loads of civilians) and appreciated that for some missions they read out the UN authorization then had you stop firing to give the enemy a chance to surrender.

It doesn't get past 80s movie quality really but I appreciate they made an effort with it, which is more than most series can say.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

havenwaters posted:

We got ourselves a new E3 trailer.

Oh my god it's wonderful. Hopefully E3 gameplay appears sometime soon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Goddammit. I'm too excited to be out right now.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Urgh I can't wait, it's gonna be a blast. Definitely going to play some AC6 tonight after I get off work.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

VKing posted:

Looks like there might be a Kessler cascade.

That's not going to go over well with everyone.

It definitely is, the other satellites are getting hit by the projectiles coming out of other satellites.

I guess that's one way to make the whole world mad at... Osea?? Erusea??

......BELKA?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Erusea seems... bigger

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Minrad posted:

Erusea seems... bigger

Probably pulled that crap with Stonehenge again. You know how they are.

NOBODY'S decommissioned Stonehenge, have they?

Inglonias fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 9, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Royal doggo

He's a good boy

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016

And I need myself a new pair of underpants

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My body is made of mountain dew, I'm so hyped...to wait another year.:smithicide:

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
Something I said over in the AC5 thread:

NobleSixFour posted:

But seriously just to validate my perception did that last shot of the 30SM seem intended to look like a player was controlling it? Like, how many times have all of us come in too low on a surface target by accident and then made that exact move to re-attack?

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Minrad posted:

Royal doggo

He's a good boy

Damnit, I wanted to be the first to post about the dog.

He has no idea what the gently caress is going on, or that there's a war happening, he's just busy being a good boy.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

So, who's the old guy?

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
They appear to have done a surprisingly good job modeling all that fur.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Minrad posted:

Royal doggo

He's a good boy

<< WOOF! >>
Yes >< No

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

NobleSixFour posted:

They appear to have done a surprisingly good job modeling all that fur.

The feet don't get shaded properly, honestly it looks like an image with an alpha channel mapped onto a card. i'm sad if this is true we wont get to see him run and play.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Is it weird that one of the things I'm most excited for is a new royal Erusean flag? It looks like the FEAF (REAF?) uses the same roundels, but the Erusean flag with be badass with a crown or a lion or something.

NobleSixFour
Jul 12, 2016
My favorite plane livery from 7 so far is probably Erusea One or whatever from the PSX trailer. It's so nice and clean.

Although my favorite *logo* from it is still the AC20 crest. I love all the little easter eggs! :D

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Going through the trailer again, this is something I thought was interesting:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
gently caress, I haven't played one of those stupid games since Zero, but that trailer did its job getting me excited for this. It seems appropriately ridiculous.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Minrad posted:

Erusea seems... bigger

You can see the actual Erusian border on the left. It looks like the Usean national borders they finally drew up for Assault Horizon Legacy are in fact 100% canon now. I can't wait to see how 7 further fucks with Usea's already hosed up retcon history.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I am so stoked for this game. It's going to be a long wait till next year.

Also, dog is the best boy.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

You can see the actual Erusian border on the left. It looks like the Usean national borders they finally drew up for Assault Horizon Legacy are in fact 100% canon now. I can't wait to see how 7 further fucks with Usea's already hosed up retcon history.

I'm guessing the red is occupied territory? I can imagine the Narrator kid from 04 now. "Dear Mobius One: You're not gonna believe what happened AGAIN...."

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

Minrad posted:

I guess that's one way to make the whole world mad at... Osea?? Erusea??

......BELKA?

It feels like they're building towards the state of affairs seen in AC3 in this game. I doubt they won't retcon lots/all of AC3 on the way there, though.

However, it made me think; the AC3 world is run by corporations, right? And in this game you have two superpowers fighting eachother in a war that nobody seems to know who started. Gives off a really cloak and dagger shadowy corporate conspiracy vibe, right?

In other words, it's going to be Gründer Industries who are behind everything! C'mon, it's always Gründer! When has it not been Gründer?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
People should really stop building all those megaprojects with potential military applications within range of Erusea. It never turns out well.

They should start building them in, say, North Osea from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I mentioned this in the Tekken thread, but Project Aces missed a great opportunity to have the "real world" Ace Combats be about the Mishima Zaibatsu and G-Corp war.

EDIT: Now that I'm home and can watch the trailer not on a phone, drat this looks awesome. :allears:

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 10, 2017