Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hahaha, I totally forgot how stupid that whole loving plot mess is. Can't wait for all but the last of the Starks and Lannisters to be totally wiped out by the end of this season.

I feel so bad for Areo's actor. He was like the only thing about Dorne they did right in Season 5 (since Doran had no greater machinations). And he had such hopes for his character:

quote:

Areo hasn’t had much screentime in Season 5, and Oparei hopes that’s because there’s more of his story to tell. He felt like Dorne’s introduction this year was “the beginning” of a multi-arc saga, and that was how he played his character. That means there’s the opportunity for both Areo and his lord, Prince Doran, to be explored more in Season 6.

“When you read the books [Doran] is much more of a politically astute mind as to what’s going on in his kingdom and what needs to be done and where the power players are. There’s that hope that as an actor that will come up in next season’s scripts. As of now, I’m not sure. The writers and showrunners keep their cards very close to their chests — as they should,” Oparei says. “I trust in the integrity of their creative minds that that’s going to happen, that that’s going to come up, because Dorne in the books is so rich and it’s such a great story that’s unfolded.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Ballz posted:

I've only skimmed the laundry list of new season spoilers in the OP, how reliable do we think they are? Last year's were mostly pretty accurate although I do recall a lot of outrage over the fake spoiler that Sansa ordered Ramsey live.

Any update on the Absolute Fucker front and the book he'll never finish?

You tell me He is working on something

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Um there was cock shots in this show?? I don't remember.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Given that the show proofed that it can get huge ratings without a good plot or dialogue over the last few seasons, they basically just need some cheap writers, give them each a chapter of the History of Ice and Fire and tell them to make an GoT spinoff out of it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Show sucks so what

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tired Moritz posted:

You see Theon's dong in like season 1. Also that one dude who pees as an insult at Dany before Daario kills him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wart dick.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget the hounds huge prosthetic donger in the most recent season it's literally all I remember except Tommen jumping out a window

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Is wart dick the dude what shakes his at Cersei during the shame walk

There've been a handful of dongs in this show

Btw it's handful of dongs like a flock of seagulls, murder of crows, etc.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 9, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I remember the Battle of the Bastards. That was a good episode of tv.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Personally I think the battle did had its cool moments, but overall it was pretty dumb (Jon charging alone at the enemy, the body wall, the cavalry arriving at the last moment, Sansa not telling nobody the cavalry was coming, everyone waiting around Ramsay to commit a last murder etc etc etc). And it was way too long

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The only part of the Battle episode that was stupid to me was that Ramsay used his last shot to kill a dying giant while Jon was standing right there wide open.

Like Sansa didn't know for sure Littlefinger was coming, Jon wasn't thinking clearly after seeing Rickon killed, whatever, there's reasons for those gently caress ups.

Take the shot that matters more, Ramsay. That'd have been funnier.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

By the end of the series Jon gets reraised 15 times like one of the robots in Westworld.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Battle of the Bastards is kind of just where the show is now. Often dumb but sometimes cool. Which is still a higher standard than a lot of "prestige" TV/TV drama. Like, I'm not watchin Starz (though I do wanna watch American Gods). does AMC still have good shows? At least one? I haven't checked since Mad Men ended.

(edit: wait I completely forgot about Better Call Saul for some reason)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Is wart dick the dude what shakes his at Cersei during the shame walk

Wart dick is the actor guy in bravos. After arya watches their play they cut to a close up shot of his dick with him asking if theres a wart on his cock.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Soul Glo posted:

The only part of the Battle episode that was stupid to me was that Ramsay used his last shot to kill a dying giant while Jon was standing right there wide open.

Eh, but it wasn't his last shot. Unless he read the script and saw that his second-plus shots were going to be successfully blocked, he was going to kill both of them anyway.

I think there was actually a very understandable non-emotional reason for the charge. Either the writers didn't think of it, or they didn't have Jon voice it after the battle.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 9, 2017

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I like how the cast will do anything to stay out of the spinoffs.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Osha couldn't stop drooling at Hodor's giant cock.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Are you ready for Game of Thrones and NOTHING ELSE for 20 loving years

You have no choice!

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

:nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52FlamAYap052FlamAYap0

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Osha couldn't stop drooling at Hodor's giant cock.

I mean it was comically large and clearly not fake so

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

What did I just watch? Who collects clips just for this purpose?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hamlet442 posted:

What did I just watch? Who collects clips just for this purpose?

There's actually a ton of fetish stuff on youtube. So probably that.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Actually I think I remember the actor saying they used a prop.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtjU17fzN8

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Soul Glo posted:

Clearly? Can you describe your cock identifying credentials, in terms of both length or duration and width or breadth?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Clearly? Can you describe your cock identifying credentials, in terms of both length or duration and width or breadth?

It looked size appropriate for a large man I guess? I dunno, what are yours, Number Ten Cocks

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Actually I think I remember the actor saying they used a prop.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtjU17fzN8

It's real in my heart

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I actually like these spoilers I'm seeing, although it feels like a bit of a cop out to kill the sand snakes to please fans. I mean the writers obviously didn't manage to figure out they sucked on their own or they wouldn't have gone down that road in the first place. They probably saw the backlash and adjusted their plans accordingly. I'm glad they're doing it, but lol.

Will watch season 7 with cautious optimism.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'd rather have TV writers pander and get rid of their mistakes than double down with the bad

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

It's real in my heart

I just feel bad for him. Any woman who saw the prop and tried to date him afterward would be extremely disappointed (or relieved).

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Grevling posted:

I actually like these spoilers I'm seeing, although it feels like a bit of a cop out to kill the sand snakes to please fans. I mean the writers obviously didn't manage to figure out they sucked on their own or they wouldn't have gone down that road in the first place. They probably saw the backlash and adjusted their plans accordingly. I'm glad they're doing it, but lol.

Will watch season 7 with cautious optimism.

I feel sorry for those three actresses. They were lovely characters but it wasn't their fault that they had no story and only differed in their hairstyles and weapons.

I haven't read any of the books but I bet that's exactly how GRRM wrote them right

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hamlet442 posted:

I just feel bad for him. Any woman who saw the prop and tried to date him afterward would be extremely disappointed (or relieved).

Probably disappointed because he's gay.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Sagebrush posted:

I feel sorry for those three actresses. They were lovely characters but it wasn't their fault that they had no story and only differed in their hairstyles and weapons.

I haven't read any of the books but I bet that's exactly how GRRM wrote them right

No they are all pretty different. But all forgettable too and all about Dorne in the books is very very boring

But that's the difference I guess: in the books, the Dorne part is detailed, long and boring. In the show, Dorne is short, fast and stupid

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Krazyface posted:

Gendry must be loving ripped by now.
He's gonna look like one of those "don't skip leg day" memes

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Probably disappointed because he's gay.

Any man then.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

No they are all pretty different. But all forgettable too and all about Dorne in the books is very very boring

But that's the difference I guess: in the books, the Dorne part is detailed, long and boring. In the show, Dorne is short, fast and stupid

And don't forget we're missing Darkstar and Arys. And the ever important Quentyn.

I prefer the short, fast and stupid.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ultimately, it would've been for the best if they did the same thing with it as AFFC/ADWD's other short stories (Quentyn, fAegon, Victarion), drop entirely, but alas.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Dorne was just kinda boring rather than cheesy in the books and it has the same problem with almost everything in the past two books, plans are being set in motion but there's very little payoff.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I keep forgetting that this season hasn't aired and that those spoilers aren't common knowledge.

Looking forward to the best version of this story finishing up in two years, the Wikipedia summery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Lycus posted:

Ultimately, it would've been for the best if they did the same thing with it as AFFC/ADWD's other short stories (Quentyn, fAegon, Victarion), drop entirely, but alas.

My issue with this is they don't adjust the story for stuff they cut out. So characters end up with nothing in terms of plot or shoved with characters just because..

• Locked thread