Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've yet to see the spoilers. Can someone repost them for me or link to the first post of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
http://www.desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-8-leaks-spoilers/

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Edit: Oh, they're from 4chan? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh ...

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Daenerys gets pregnant at the start and has the baby 5 episodes later?!?!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tenzarin posted:

NegaGilly

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Tenzarin posted:

Just this last season Jon traveled 2000 miles by boat in two episodes btw and the Unsullied marched 1000+ miles over mountainous terrain also in two episodes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I guess the spoilers are plausible enough, but the source and that they've come out so early makes me think they're fake.

Theon ending a season like "Rargh, let's go free Yara!!!" and then starting the next season in Winterfell going "Come on guys, someone help me go free Yara" for 6 episodes would be the most Theon thing.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
WTF?

Victim of multiple tabs open.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 17, 2017

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

PostNouveau posted:

I guess the spoilers are plausible enough, but the source and that they've come out so early makes me think they're fake.

Theon ending a season like "Rargh, let's go free Yara!!!" and then starting the next season in Winterfell going "Come on guys, someone help me go free Yara" for 6 episodes would be the most Theon thing.

It's the most D&D thing.

Remember Yara's big "I'm gonna gather all the best warriors and rescue my loving brother! Hells yeah!!!" season ending speech that amounted to her doing nothing for 6 episodes or so and running away from a bunch of dogs?

It's classic Benioff I'm telling you.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

regulargonzalez posted:

Just this last season Jon traveled 2000 miles by boat in two episodes btw and the Unsullied marched 1000+ miles over mountainous terrain also in two episodes.

If we say that the unsullied can only march 10 miles daily, which is extremely conservative, that's 100 days of marching, or 50 days per episode of Game of Thrones.

As the human gestation period is roughly 275 days, such a length would therefore comprise 5.5 Game of Thrones episodes. One could further argue that the .5 transpired in the season 7 finale.

Spoilers proven true :science:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ah, those are probably BS. I mean the real ones this season didn't come out until a month before. They're saying the actors don't even have scripts right now. Dany dying in childbirth seems like a dumb way for her story to go, but I guess something being dumb hasn't stopped this show before. For as much wheel-spinning as she's done, she probably has to die personally killing the Night King, not being a baby-delivery system for a new feudal dynasty.

Also, Night King just dies off-screen?

I'm sure I'm covering poo poo y'all already talked about a bunch though.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Was it ever revealed how the early book treatment ended when that guy posted a framed but redacted version of it?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Was it ever revealed how the early book treatment ended when that guy posted a framed but redacted version of it?

Not really no. The climax was redacted in the source letter iirc, not by the guy who let it loose.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It wasn't really anything related to the end of the series as we know it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

TOOT BOOT posted:

It wasn't really anything related to the end of the series as we know it.

So the orange is sure, but the white is made up?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Super Deuce posted:

Filming multiple endings to avoid people spoiling is the dumbest poo poo ever because nobody in history has ever not watched something because they heard what the ending is.

Babbys who care about spoilers have.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Would the Walkers have been able to get past the Wall if they didn't have that dragon? I still don't understand why the whole 'Bran gets marked in the past by the Night King" plot needed to happen if we just ended up with deus ex dragona.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 18, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

Would the Walkers have been able to get past the Wall if they didn't have that dragon?

I really can't understand why a lot of people feel like the dragon was necessary. I get the whole situation is weird, and he was clearly waiting for it, but to completely dismiss that they would just find another way is silly. He has the option of using a chainsaw or a hand saw and he took the chainsaw.

fr3lm0
May 25, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Would the Walkers have been able to get past the Wall if they didn't have that dragon? I still don't understand why the whole 'Bran gets marked in the past by the Night King" plot needed to happen if we just ended up with deus ex dragona.

The wall had 2 factor authentication. You have to somehow bypass it physically (climbing over or knocking it down with a dragon) and you have to pass the magic barrier by being alive or marking Bran.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

skasion posted:

Check out Kay if you want that. Eddison's Zimiamvia is more like, I dunno, Shakespearean Intrigue Valhalla where the spirits of people who were badass in life get to do badass things again in death.

If I absolutely hated Ouroboros is it still worth trying Zimiavia? It was like reading a viking saga where loads of stuff is just alluded to and nothing interesting is ever described in the prose.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not even upset that a wight dragon took down the wall, it was just a lazy way that they did it, made even worse if they don't revisit the Bran mark.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Taear posted:

If I absolutely hated Ouroboros is it still worth trying Zimiavia? It was like reading a viking saga where loads of stuff is just alluded to and nothing interesting is ever described in the prose.

No. I completely disagree but if you think nothing happens in the Worm you should basically never read anything else Eddison ever wrote.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

GobiasIndustries posted:

The Night King can't provoke people who are connected to the dragons into coming north of the wall if he can't spy on Bran's visions, so loosely it matters but they're not going to explore it or flesh it out at all because the clock is ticking.

Maybe if the spoilers are true we'll get some easter egg poo poo about it, but I wouldn't even count on that.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I would hope they would at least have the mark hurt or something when he crosses and Bran wargs out to see it and warn people.

But that'd take more than 2 seconds and is unacceptable.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The mark was just so they could kill off hodor, max von sydow, a bunch of prob expensive to makeup tree elves, another wolf, a lovely looking set and a boring plotline that would prob take 3 years in book time.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe the mark has something to do with Bran being the Night's King. I know the actor says the theory is bullshit but they've changed the NK's face to look markedly more similar to Bran lately.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Maybe the mark has something to do with Bran being the Night's King. I know the actor says the theory is bullshit but they've changed the NK's face to look markedly more similar to Bran lately.

The Night's King is probably just an ancient Stark. They have very strong genetics.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Seriously though when Arya jumps to her feet from her back it has to be CGI right?

Jeb! Repetition posted:

But it has her face at the end of the shot, so if it's a stunt double it would still need CGI to paste it on. Which was the main thing I was referring to because her face looks kind of blurry and weird. It might just be the video quality so I'm looking forward to the HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CLA-LkZQAM&t=50s

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"We use stunt doubles for their skill sets and if they need to be in harm's way" yeah those are in fact the reason stunt doubles are used every time ever, thanks

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So I watched X-Men Apocalypse this weekend while bored, and Sophie Turner isn't really any better in that, although I preferred her American accent.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lol at the wobbly sword when the stuntman does the overhead.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My wife thinks that they're going to make Tyrion a Targarian via Tywin getting cucked by the mad king.

That's why Tywin actually had beef with the mad king and hated Tyrion.

Sounded good enough for this thread.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Propaganda Machine posted:

If we say that the unsullied can only march 10 miles daily, which is extremely conservative, that's 100 days of marching, or 50 days per episode of Game of Thrones.

As the human gestation period is roughly 275 days, such a length would therefore comprise 5.5 Game of Thrones episodes. One could further argue that the .5 transpired in the season 7 finale.

Spoilers proven true :science:

Do you kids not understand how the fast travel mechanic works?

R-Type fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 20, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
She also mentioned that Cersi is going to have a dwarf, and die during child birth.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

My wife thinks that they're going to make Tyrion a Targarian via Tywin getting cucked by the mad king.

That's why Tywin actually had beef with the mad king and hated Tyrion.

Sounded good enough for this thread.

This is a somewhat popular theory among book readers.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

We're all Targaryans, it's like Battlestar but even dumber

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

She also mentioned that Cersi is going to have a dwarf, and die during child birth.

I always thought this would be a perfect end to Cersei.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Show watchers are too stupid. Theyd be like "when did tyrion gently caress his sister?"

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hanales posted:

So I watched X-Men Apocalypse this weekend while bored, and Sophie Turner isn't really any better in that, although I preferred her American accent.

all the actors in got who were nobodies before all suck, kelly c in the ten minutes of that stupid terminator movie I saw made me want to gouge my eyes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Harrington is one-note but I like what he does.

Pompeii is a contender for worst movie ever made though.

• Locked thread