Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Yes, in a very special GRRM cameo.

Final scene:

Close up of an open book. You can see the pages are blank. Slowly it zooms out and you can see only a wrinkly rear end hovering over it. It explosively shits all over the pages. The next 6 minutes are spent wiping and making GBS threads. Zoom out more and you see the rear end was none other than Georges himself. He closes the book and it gives a satisfying *smush* sound as the diarrhea leaks out. He shows the cover, "The Winds of Winter", and winks. Cue credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hamlet442 posted:

What did I just watch? Who collects clips just for this purpose?

There's actually a ton of fetish stuff on youtube. So probably that.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'd rather have TV writers pander and get rid of their mistakes than double down with the bad

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there like a megathread for old HBO shows? I finished Rome from the last thread and started Deadwood and wanna talk about my bad observations

And whats the date that the season starts. Extra long wait for two extra short seasons?? boy howdy

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 11:39 on May 18, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like Deadwood and, by the power vested to me with this Wild Card's gang tag, I declare this GRRM thread shall be open to all cowboy themed TV show conversations.

To start it off, how awesome was season two of Deadwood and Justified?

I'm 2 episodes in and other than Ian McShane, David Carridines chinese knockoff brother, and the hardware boys I am having a horrible case of goon induced face blindness.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The videos during the season that recap episodes are good but I had to unsubscribe from him because all the others are garbage and he pumps them out constantly.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Idk who said it but you can in fact cast a sword from a mold

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Each R in Grrm is just short for 2 more r's in a never ending loop

G-r-r-m
G-rr-rr-m
G-rr-rr-rr-rr-m

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Deadwood update: season 2 not as good as 1, low hopes for 3

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

just stop now honestly. 3 is such a massive disappointment.

Do you say that because it's bad or just because (as I've read) there is no real ending.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't get the whole Chinese thing in Deadwood. They make fun of people like with jew jokes and irish jokes and stuff but nothing you wouldn't hear on xbox live. But they segregate the chinese completely and don't want to be seen even interacting at all. If they hate them so much why do they let them live next door at all. And why is there a bunch of chinese people even in bumfuck north dakota to begin with.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sansa should have died 7 seasons ago

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there going to be skipped weeks like usual or is it just going to be 8 straight weeks then we can be done with it

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Remember last year when people were saying they didn't outright say R+L=J so that Gurm could have the honor of 'revealing' it himself in the book

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

*Bran looks directly into camera*

"Oh my gosh, Jon snow whom I had known as my half brother via our mutual father Ned Stark who you might remember was played by Sean Bean in season one, is actually my cousin!"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did Ned say "I am here, SISTER OF MINE THAT IS DEAD IN THE CURRENT TIMELINE" in the tower scene? If not I can see people not even knowing who she was and think Ned is just raising some random baby as his.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Maybe 1/4 to a half of the actors suck just as much as the writers.

Can't complain about like the set designers and cgi guys though they gucci

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It literally makes me question my sanity that I can come here and everyone hates this poo poo show (and everything else in TVIV) but anywhere else or in real life it's still loving Citizen Kane

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I will be personally outraged if at least one person doesn't hang dong this season

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Gurm changine Sir to Ser is literary masterwork. A true Shakespeare.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Arya teleports behind the Night King

"Nothing personal, kid"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

My wolves ate my manuscript!!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm pretty sure the Sean Bean dies meme wasn't a thing before Ned. If it was then it definitely wasn't as common knowledge.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

skasion posted:

I can think of LOTR, Goldeneye, Equilibrium, Patriot Games, and Black Death off the top of my head. Apparently, his character has died in about 1/3 of his movies.

Yeah obviously he did die in his roles but at least I had never heard anyone make the connection for the joke until Ned.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Last Deadwood update before this thread blows up on Sunday: season 3 good. Ending bad but season still better than 2. Couldn't not see Hearst as Raymond Tusk from House of Cards.

What HBO show do I do next

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yeah I did just before I started Deadwood. And I've seen The Wire and Sopranos before years ago. I'm thinking of going with Silicon Valley

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I suspect if you sail west of Westeros you end up on the eastern coast of Essos

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Shoulda had the giants be the ones to fight the dragons tbh

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is this garbage on at 10 or 11 EST (the One True Timezone)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bring back season 1 mountain

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Nothing stood out to be as particularly bad but also there was nothing to be bad because nothing loving happened. If every episode of this short season is that way then even the show won't get an ending

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sansa is going to kill John and be The Best Queen Ever™ because the show has been all about pandering to girl power viewers for 5 seasons.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I figured that was because of The Implication they were throwing around.

I got the rapey vibe too, and actually thought it was really cool (if that was what they intended) to show how most of the normal soldier guys are just nice regular dudes who will share some food and who want to go home and don't want to rape and kill anything with a vagina.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bran crossing the wall breaking its magic or bringing it down sure was exciting

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

With the teleporting thing, I feel that way about real history sometimes. Like I straight up don't understand how things got done in ye olde days. Roman consuls served for one year, how they managed to make an army, march it to wherever away, fight stuff and come back all while also being able to be up to date on stuff at home is a mystery to me. It would take me longer to walk to my closest Walmart than it apparently took Julias Ceasar to get from Italy to Egypt.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ed Sheeran should have played Stannis toasty daughter Shereen

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's a dargon, he's bringing her a dargon

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Ya'll see that Ron Weasley cameo?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yes this dragon titty show reminded me of a childrens video game too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sam is going to discover the magical-smallpox vaccine for Jorah, inadvertantly making him magically-autistic.

• Locked thread