Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

LinYutang posted:

This bugged me too, they clearly telegraphed that he ignored it like it was going to be a thing that this knowledge would remain hidden.

They could have at least had Gilly in the room and say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

PupsOfWar posted:

its because he's a secret Baratheon

With how much of season 1 depended on Ned Holmes figuring out hair color you would think it would matter.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I always imagined a full white skeleton dragon like from warcraft or something.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It's also been pissing me off that Bran keeps saying he is the "three eyed raven" as if that is the job title and not just a little thing the old guy did once to get Brans attention.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Its ice being shot by fire, it melted.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

After the NK and his army are dead:

"So uhh, what do we do with the remaining 699 miles of giant ice wall"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Didn't Jon and Sam find a horn in season 2 or 3 when they first found the buried dragon glass? Whatever happened to that horn.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Bran has never explicitly condemned cancer, possibly pro-cancer??

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

He really had no endgame goal, did he. If it was to marry Cat then Sansa, he sure sucked at it. Then this master schemer and liar gets bested by two young girls and dies like a bitch.

At least Varys knew from the start that what he wanted was peace through Dany. Although he is just a background decoration now, I don't even remember if he has had a single line all season.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If you think about it, not a lot of Starks or Lannisters have died from their ~blood feud~

Only Ned, Rob and Cat were killed directly by the others

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Shoulda brought Gendry and been like "hey cersei you missed one of roberts sons lol"

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Sdoots posted:

I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing here.

I'm seeing a man severely overdressed for the climate.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jon demonstrated fire and dargonglass but conveniently left out valyrian steel. If anyone has a lot of valyrian steel stuff around its probably the Lannisters, cmon Jon.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They don't know that it's too late to protect the wall, but it's also a lot harder to defend a 700 mile border than a castle.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Constant posted:

Just a bit of :spergin: its about 800 miles from Casterly Rock to KL traveling along the Goldroad from some quick googling.

Caesars Legions could march 25 miles on a good day so lets say the Unsullied are about as competent. That means it took them 32 days to get from CR to KL.

But what if there was a bunch of rocks blocking their path? Can we get a rockslide expert to chime in here?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hope they go full lord of the rings with it and make the elephants the size of large buildings.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Anyone want to bet if any dragon will be alive at the end and if so which one or both

I say all 3 (2 and a half?) kick the bucket

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

well they're about twice as fast as humans sprinting so 30 mph, so about 500 miles a day to account for obstacles. so they can be in winter fell in hours and King's landing in days

hmm what kind of obstacles are we talking? Large rock chunks perhaps?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I care less about his level of undead intuition and more that they did the exact same ~suspense~ thing with Tyrion. And his was way better because you could actually believe she was going to kill him, and it meant something when she didn't.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't think it would take all that long to have his army of unresting workers dig through it or go over it. That's where the idea of some magic protection stopping him from doing that comes in but they didn't do that.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

My dream job is being Missandei or Varys actor. Get paid big bucks from a top tv show to stand in the background.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How are monsters made of ice going to take over anything in the south like Dorne. Just pick up the wall and move it to where the north connects to the south.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

In my headcanon, Sam's boss at maester school gave him that diary on purpose for Sam to make that very discovery. I'm meeting the show way more than halfway on this, I know.

Copying books was basically all scholars and priests did in ye olde days.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Just get rid of Rickon completely and have Bran be the one that gets killed.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They should have not had the fairies stabbing the guy scene if the walkers are just going to be mindless bad guys. It hints at a backstory that will never be explained at all so why tease like that.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What exactly are you toxxing on because there's a lot of bullet points in the leaks and no way every single one is accurate even if they mostly are.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've tried to read the books a few times and the farthest I ever got was like 75 pages. That's probably more a reflection on me than on them though.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did they burn the bodies after the castle black battle? Zombie Ygritte is going to be the one to kill Jon. It's like poetry.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wonder what the small council has been up to these days :question:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Qyburn was Ares all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lycus posted:

Isn't that what Joffrey's actor did too?

The difference is that Joffrey can act. Bran can...be filmed

• Locked thread