Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

banned from Starbucks posted:

Now that Jamie has widows wail

When did we see this? For all we know it was buried with Joffrey and was destroyed when Cersei wildfired the sept (though I doubt it).

arya has the V steel dagger from season 1
How did she get that? Her mom had it last we saw and while both the dagger and Arya were briefly in King's Landing at the same time, Arya barely left with the clothes on her back and Needle, let alone a dagger worth several times her weight in gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Lycus posted:

There are photos with Jaime with Widow's Wail and Arya with the dagger. Widow's Wail was never buried with Joffrey. That was a wake, not a burial. It's been sitting in the Red Keep armory. Arya will probably not have the dagger in 7x01, so you'll have to wait to see how she gets it. The last time we saw it was in Ned's office when Ned and Littlefinger were discussing bribing the goldcloaks. Littlefinger probably has it.

Aha. Well, that's what I get for not paying attention to the publicity photos.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

We still somehow need to get that one sword from the ToJ flashback too. I think that was valyrian steel at least the show didnt really make a big deal out of it tho.

According to the books it's made from a meteorite, not valyrian steel.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

100% of my show-only friends have no idea who Jon's father is.

They cast a lady who looks exactly like Emilie Clarke as the mother so they thought the scene was supposed to reveal that Jon and Dany were twins or something.

Aren't there piles of people who now know that Jon's mother was Ned's sister, but still think that Ned's his father?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

WampaLord posted:

loving lmao.

And I'm not laughing because I was a book reader and you weren't, I'm just laughing because you apparently have very bad pattern recognition when it comes to Sean Bean's roles.

Some of us think of him as Sharpe :colbert:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

"Distance from KL to Casterly Rock" and "Distance from The Wall to Winterfell" are alike situations.

Knowing the distance from The Wall to Winterfell does not help you know the distance from KL to Casterly Rock.

Yes, having a known distance reference does not allow you to extrapolate on a map.

Your stance is based on the assumption that there has never been a to-scale map of Westeros ever displayed on screen. Which would mean every map ever shown in the show is utterly useless as a map.

What sounds more likely? That these maps are actually functional tools for navigation or that people waste time and money for pretty pictures of the country that have no practical use whatsoever?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You literally cannot read Casterly Rock on this map.

Here's a higher quality version of this video where Casterly Rock is legible on the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KT9ZbnYd-8&t=240s

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

FogHelmut posted:

Why does it look like it was typed on a typewriter and then photocopied hundreds of times since the 80's like an old lease document?

My guess would be "because that's how we've always done it," mixed with some level of "to make it look more legit"

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
New theory:

GRRM is actually finished with Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring and plans on publishing posthumously.

GRRM will inexplicably live for another 20 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Trash Trick posted:

Way back in S1 or 2 they possibly foreshadowed a rising of the dead of the catacombs under KL. I'm hopin' for that. Bunch of dead king bones and poo poo.

Which of the Stark kids is gonna have to kill the bones of Ned?

• Locked thread