Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

Is Tarly the guy Brienne meets when she first leaves Kings Landing? That dude ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Surely Jon had that big pile of corpses he was living in briefly last season burnt right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

some guy on the bus posted:

Worse yet, Cersei knew her brother would come up with a plan that stupid and she predicted it.

Wait KL doesn't have an army in it does it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It's where the king landed.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

i like when the 200+ lb amazons swing was parried by the 90 lb girls stick thing then got up 2 sec after getting kicked directly in the chest without so much as getting winded because she swept the assassins guilds floor a lot

Excuse me, did you not see that sword flourish? If she is attacked mid-animation the parry triggers automatically.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

She doesn't even give a poo poo that it drive Tommen to suicide. That's a seriously crazy Cersei plot point--her children are the only thing she cares about earlier in the series--and only Jaime even tries to give a poo poo about it.

I'd say she gives more attention to Myrcella in that one dungeon scene than she's given Tommen in the full time since he died, but at this point I think that was just an excuse to torture people.

This is the biggest problem with the writing this season. Everything is 'please assume it happened off screen'. Like... I don't even know where to begin with examples because it is just everything.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

in defense of goons, he really eats that line; it wasn't a good take

It's also really stupidly convenient.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

"holy poo poo. I hope I don't fall off "

Yeah the complaints about hitting the food instead of people are weird. She ain't loving aiming.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

double negative posted:

Lol, she actually explicitly and accurately incinerates the road that all the wagons are on, because it's cool, looks awesome, and the Night King can't get you if you've already starved to death

Drogon does that you mean. On purpose. :tinfoil:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I wonder if the bloat of the show is so extreme that people shooting it actually don't feel comfortable making revisions no matter how illogical it leaves poo poo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I did it I accidentally spoiled someone on the johnny targaeryien thing. They had worked out their own theory involving Jon and Danny being siblings and I didn't realize they were coming out of left field with that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They must be of the night.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Ramsay's initial plan to take winterfell in the books is nearly incomprehensible, I can see liking the show more in season 3 or whatever that was.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Got to say, this show knows how to do fanservice right sometimes. That loving boy band walking out into the cold was beautiful. I still can't believe Gendry is back, even after being fully spoiled on everything forever. Rhaegar getting second fiddle to someone's shits was the best ever.

Kopijeger posted:

So, we finally get to see Eastwatch. It's up on a cliff and has no dock, and there apparently were no Night's Watch dudes left, only wildlings. Should have introduced it last season with LF taking a ship and meeting Sansa there instead of travelling overland through Bolton-controlled land and meeting her in the ruins of Moletown.

Also, shouldn't Davos grab his money back?

I was drunk and literally came to this thread to ask what Eastwatch looked like because I couldn't remember. Alsoalso yes take your money gosh.

This episode impressed me. Got far more Dragon than I thought we'd get. Dany's sermon on the hill was pretty good. I think reading the plot outline of these terrible episodes helps appreciate the production a heck of a lot more.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Some colleagues of mine unironically called this the best episode of the season.

KyloWinter posted:

I thought that thease season was pretty bad but ep4 was decent, then this happened. This episode actually makes me not want to not watch any more. What utter garbage.

I have no idea the thought behind either sentiments.

It had a bunch of Davos, so that was cool. The only thing that was outright unbearable was the Arya spy montage. Clarke was almost decent as murderer on a hill?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Game of Thrones is pretty good, I liked this last episode that had nothing happen but honestly what's wrong with really expensive fan fiction.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait the dragon that turns evil isn't the one named after viserys right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So did the RPG party randomly get more randoms added to it as they went along? I couldn't keep track of who was dying during the fights but the answer was actually some random nobody? The only named character that didn't make it out was Thoros?

And loving Benjen?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I kind of expected The Hound to have a good reason to not constantly be smashing up the ice with his giant hammer. Instead of... that.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

TeaJay posted:

It's way too fanficcy

You cannot say that after an episode featuring Tormund strutting up to Sandor for no goddamn reason and chatting about Brienne.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Melisandre just being an old droopy boob is up there with Beric simply having a magic fire sword from god and Joffrey being the Night King as just the most boring blunt lame poo poo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Drogon blowing himself up alongside anyone anybody likes by attacking kings landing and hitting the wildfire stockpile absolutely lines up with the nukes metaphor.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The thing about the leaks that makes me believe them the most is even in a six episode final season they manage to have entire episodes where nothing loving happens.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wooger posted:

AKA Victarion in the book of course, book Euron is a non-character.

All of the kings in the books count as non-characters.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

so, how poo poo was it? plz only rough quantiles, I don't want to get spoilered

if the rest of the season was 60% poo poo, this was a strong 90%.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't... like...

Jaime says he talked to cersei after the first pit scene. What could that conversation possibly have looked like? She mocks him for not realizing she was lying, that it was her plan the whole time. But why did she throw a fit? What on earth did she tell Jaime when he was trying to convince her? I love that in his scene with tyrion NCW looks absolutely befuddled what he should be acting like, because loving what?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

its cool they got to watch the ep with euron

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So what was Littlefinger's plan? Did they ever like... say that? I read that leaked script and I'm pretty sure 'can't resist an opportunity to keep a stark down' is far more motivation than he has actually gotten in the last few years. Did the show just assume that everyone knows he is a bad guy and thus

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That gunslinger movie is better than GoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Five was fun and a big improvement from four, but also utterly ridiculous in any context that isn't 'released shortly before the next book.'

It's a loving book about time passing.

• Locked thread